Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I thought the episode was good. Good fighting scenes. Some things surprised me, but I had a feeling about the ending. Seems there is lots more to come.

theratman

Executive Member
Decent episode, knew there was going to be a time difference but thought it was going to be before rather than later. I'm not feeling another long plot arch so they better wrap this one up quick.

beans100

Honorary Master
I'm ecstatic about the fact, that they're done with this whole "other dimension" nonsense. But, the show is starting to be a drag. I'd rather like it to be a little more like the other Star Trek's, every episode a story on it's own, with a slight underlined story arch. This show is like a stertched out movie.
Shame Orville is only coming back end of the year.

theratman

Executive Member
I'm ecstatic about the fact, that they're done with this whole "other dimension" nonsense. But, the show is starting to be a drag. I'd rather like it to be a little more like the other Star Trek's, every episode a story on it's own, with a slight underlined story arch. This show is like a stertched out movie.
Shame Orville is only coming back end of the year.
I've found quite the opposite wrt it being a drag recently, I found it a drag in the beginning but it's hit its stride pretty well. But yes I'm glad the mirror universe is done. Although I can't stand the Emperor, cheesy as hell.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
It's funny, you would think that Burnham, being basically a SJW herself, would respect the wishes of the Emperor to die.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
iirc there is only 3 eps left this season?
It might stretch into the distance.

I dislike this series to an extent, very 1 dimensional. Am not a trekkie so dunno if this is normal for them to have it so 1 character'ish. They should call it Star Trek: Burnham as far as I am concerned

crackersa

Honorary Master
It might stretch into the distance.

I dislike this series to an extent, very 1 dimensional. Am not a trekkie so dunno if this is normal for them to have it so 1 character'ish. They should call it Star Trek: Burnham as far as I am concerned
The older star treks would have episodes that focused on different people. But majority of the time it was the captain and who ever was around

theratman

Executive Member
The older star treks would have episodes that focused on different people. But majority of the time it was the captain and who ever was around
True, they also had lots of single character episodes even for the bad guys. Some of the best DS9 ones are the Dukat ones. It's different and does take some getting used to. Just wish it was a more interesting character than Burnham

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Well, colour me racist or sexist or whatever, but I find the Michael character irritating as fark. And should have died a while back if reality had its way.

I mean, does she have to be on every mission...often without backup?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Well, colour me racist or sexist or whatever, but I find the Michael character irritating as fark. And should have died a while back if reality had its way.

I mean, does she have to be on every mission...often without backup?
You are obviously racist and sexist for not liking her.

/s

I preferred Captain Janeway

Dave

Honorary Master
Ok, you’re a [-]sexual rapist[/-] sexist racist! You need re-education to be less of a MCP.

But you’re right, it’s been a stretch that everything happens to her and she always somehow miraculously survives without any serious problems.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Ok, you’re a [-]sexual rapist[/-] sexist racist! You need re-education to be less of a MCP.

But you’re right, it’s been a stretch that everything happens to her and she always somehow miraculously survives without any serious problems.
She is a Mary Sue. She has no negative traits and no limitations to her abilities.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
LOVED IT.

I enjoyed the mirror universe episides, but I think they ended it just in time. They took it as far as they could and now it is over. God .... those last few scenes gave me goose bumps with the effects. AWESOME!

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
LOVED IT.

I enjoyed the mirror universe episides, but I think they ended it just in time. They took it as far as they could and now it is over. God .... those last few scenes gave me goose bumps with the effects. AWESOME!
So now they have a Spore drive with no spore. No more flipping out for the discovery