Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I think everybody prefers Seven of Nine :love:

All in all I very much like this new Start Trek series. But I agree the spore drive is messing with canon. I think I might have liked if they went into a bit more detail with the undercover work in the alternate universe, apart from like three characters, there wasn't any real interaction between the Discovery/crew and the rest of the mirror universe. But then again- maybe that's the point.

Also, less war, more Discovery, or is that too on the nose? They should maybe have gone with a different title if the aim was war stories and not discovery of new planets and species- maybe I'm just nitpicking. Ideally I would like both- two or maybe even three series. More is always better :D

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
I'm going to miss Lorca :-(
Yip, Even though i knew he was a badie I enjoyed him. If everyone here has to be honest, If you had to choose someone as a leader, or someone to follow, would it be Michael Burnham or Lorca?, I would choose Lorca in a heart beat. Michael sucks, worst "Vulcan" ever.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yip, Even though i knew he was a badie I enjoyed him. If everyone here has to be honest, If you had to choose someone as a leader, or someone to follow, would it be Michael Burnham or Lorca?, I would choose Lorca in a heart beat. Michael sucks, worst "Vulcan" ever.
Lorca even though he was a baddie did have a sense of honour.

cpu.

Expert Member
I don't mind Michael. I just don't like her superhuman way of doing things.
Not once did we have to worry about her, because she's always coming out on top.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Michael is not a leader. I don't think her character was intended to be- not yet anyway.
Looks like she is not going to be the leader in any case.

This is going to be interesting, I like where the story is going.
Also liked the reference to Jonathan Archer - which seems to suggest that this is in fact the Prime universe - so things are not going to pan out as planned...

Lupus

Honorary Master
This still throws a spanner in the works though, as the Federation-Klingon war was only originally supposed to last a couple of months and weren't supposed to be so many deaths.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
This still throws a spanner in the works though, as the Federation-Klingon war was only originally supposed to last a couple of months and weren't supposed to be so many deaths.
Moving to and from the mirror universe seems to be able to create some time shifts. I think that the are going to destroy Kronos, which we know is still there in the TNG etc. So when they drop off Gorgio and come back they are going to be in the middle of the war and apply some of the stuff that they learned up until this point. Ash will probably know of some ancient duel to stop the war etc and win/ or have Michael fight it.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Moving to and from the mirror universe seems to be able to create some time shifts. I think that the are going to destroy Kronos, which we know is still there in the TNG etc. So when they drop off Gorgio and come back they are going to be in the middle of the war and apply some of the stuff that they learned up until this point. Ash will probably know of some ancient duel to stop the war etc and win/ or have Michael fight it.
Well they blew up Vulcan in the movies why not Kronos:( but it would really shift things.
Enterprise also changed things like the Xindi attacking earth and leaving the massive canyon in the US that was actually shown in the first new movie.

Ecco

Executive Member
Really enjoyed episode 14. Glad we out of the parallel universe and back to the war. Great series.

isie

Honorary Master
Well they blew up Vulcan in the movies why not Kronos:( but it would really shift things.
Enterprise also changed things like the Xindi attacking earth and leaving the massive canyon in the US that was actually shown in the first new movie.
Not sure if the Xindi on Enterprise actually changed things the canyon was not mentioned in TOS or TNG but doesn't mean it wasnt there.

I wonder if their attack might cause some instability to the klingon moon Praxis - that inevitably causes its destruction in 2293

If they blow up Qo'nos there will never be peace between the federation and Klingons.

daveza

Honorary Master
Sci-fi not my thing, but my daughter wants Season 2 which according to IMDB has been released already.

Can only find season 1.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Sci-fi not my thing, but my daughter wants Season 2 which according to IMDB has been released already.

Can only find season 1.
Lol, season one still not finished, final episode tomorrow. Probably her source was confused as they took a break after 9 and came back.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
So Tyler is allowed to walk around free, despite killing a federation member in cold blood, and attacking a colleague a couple of days earlier? Seems to make sense....after all, months have passed ?