• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

theratman

Executive Member
Finale was disappointing only because the episode before it was so epic. Hard to live up to those standards.

Everything ended a bit too neatly but I must say the 2nd half of the season has restored my faith. I just want Michael to die, character makes little to no sense.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
So not only do they have a half-and-half walking freely through a ship that's been "fixed" by a klingon prisoner, and not only have they handed the keys of the Discovery to the Terran Terror, now they've also put the destiny of humanity in the hands of a Klingon!??

LOL
It's Star Trek, man...sit back and enjoy the optimism.

falcon786

Executive Member
Exactly. All L'rell could have done was waited for them to destroy earth before threatening her planet with anhialation. She's not exactly fond of humans. But it all works out swimmingly. Everyone probably got an award for being stupid too.

Why is nobody else seeing this?
Lol lets all save our humanity but lets let humans be destroyed..... mkay?!:crylaugh:

Neoprod

Honorary Master
L'rell is not human. Her entire goal is to have a united powerful Klingon empire. How does having the pesky federation still in place help that goal?
Common enemy to stand against?

Now that the Discovery is back with it's magic drive tech to disseminate through Starfleet, the Klingons won't be winning battles as easily as before.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master

Now that the Discovery is back with it's magic drive tech to disseminate through Starfleet, the Klingons won't be winning battles as easily as before.
The federation will not die with Earth. You strike that blow to weaken the enemy, then you unite everyone with your threats.

The fact the Discovery is back will help them realise that it won't be as easy anymore. Yes, they will fall in line soon enough.

Note: wtf. where the voq has logic and reason disappeared to on this thread?

Kosmik

Honorary Master

No magic tech drive, they are unable to replicate Stanis.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
No magic tech drive, they are unable to replicate Stanis.
They did mention in the last episode that Starfleet would be investigating a device to replace the need for a human being doing the mycelial navigation.

/shrug

Kosmik

Honorary Master
They did mention in the last episode that Starfleet would be investigating a device to replace the need for a human being doing the mycelial navigation.

/shrug
Yes but consider continuity, we would have seen the drive in existence already. So something makes it never happen, I suspect they are never able to replicate and the origional, including Stanis, is lost at some point.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Yes but consider continuity, we would have seen the drive in existence already. So something makes it never happen, I suspect they are never able to replicate and the origional, including Stanis, is lost at some point.
oh you're one of those canon people...bleh. Restrict your imagination if you want - I let mine fly free :p

Kosmik

Honorary Master
oh you're one of those canon people...bleh. Restrict your imagination if you want - I let mine fly free :p
Lol, it's all these timelines but I would have to say it's cannon across them otherwise we would never have the dominion, borg, voyager , ds9 issues. I mean that drive can traverse space, ignore gravitational fields and appear in planets ( as per last episode ) , cross dimensions into parallel universes and finally, even cross time.

Maybe Q took a liking and turned it into his own pleasure yacht :D

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Here is my prediction going into season 2. I assume that the Enterprise has returned from its 5-year mission and that Pike and co. gone ****ed it up and have some 'new' life/civilization in hot pursuit for Burnham to unify with.

I guess the Discovery is going to have a Vulcan as captain, doubt the possibility that it will be Spock… or perhaps, but he is serving with Pike as the first officer.

Oh, and Stanis is Q :whistling: :p

From the above, I presume only the 5-year mission is true and that they may have a Vulcan as captain.