Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

isie

Executive Member
It's not like anyone obeys the rules anyway.

Michael basically was threatening to start another mutiny before her bosses agreed to change plan to a stupid one. And they gave the ingrate a medal...
Listen it's illegal in star trek because the Indians did it first - you know how white people are.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Meh.

That last episode was really rushed. I think they wrote themselves into a corner, and then realized there were a whole bunch of plotlines that they wanted to tie up in one go. I don't think they wrote the series in advance - looks like they wrote one episode at a time.

For starters, should Burnham have even rescued Georgiou? The woman expressed a wish to die, but Michael decided against her. I thought liberals would respect wishes to die? Anyway, having done that, they then released Mirror Georgiou out into the world. A woman who came to dominate the entire known universe. Great idea, guys.

Michael's "capacity for love" saved Tyler? Huh? Burnham is just not a good main character for a Star Trek show. She would have been fine as a science officer although admittedly Stamets is a more interesting character. Captain Janeway is the only other previous female Star Trek lead character, and she was just so much more interesting. So much less annoying. More personality. Less perfection.

theratman

Executive Member
Meh.

That last episode was really rushed. I think they wrote themselves into a corner, and then realized there were a whole bunch of plotlines that they wanted to tie up in one go. I don't think they wrote the series in advance - looks like they wrote one episode at a time.

For starters, should Burnham have even rescued Georgiou? The woman expressed a wish to die, but Michael decided against her. I thought liberals would respect wishes to die? Anyway, having done that, they then released Mirror Georgiou out into the world. A woman who came to dominate the entire known universe. Great idea, guys.

Michael's "capacity for love" saved Tyler? Huh? Burnham is just not a good main character for a Star Trek show. She would have been fine as a science officer although admittedly Stamets is a more interesting character. Captain Janeway is the only other previous female Star Trek lead character, and she was just so much more interesting. So much less annoying. More personality. Less perfection.
Agreed re Burnham not being able to carry. For me Star Trek had never been about a single character. TNG,DS9, TOS, ENT were never this focused on an individual. It's a change but she's not good enough to carry, honestly none of the cast are. She's not even a captain ffs.

Lament

Executive Member
Agreed re Burnham not being able to carry. For me Star Trek had never been about a single character. TNG,DS9, TOS, ENT were never this focused on an individual. It's a change but she's not good enough to carry, honestly none of the cast are. She's not even a captain ffs.
Hopefully the good Lorca will somehow come back. He can carry. Cant wait for the Orville to start again, Even though i enjoyed Star Trek, I mean its better than anything else on TV at this stage, The Orville was just better.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Hopefully the good Lorca will somehow come back. He can carry. Cant wait for the Orville to start again, Even though i enjoyed Star Trek, I mean its better than anything else on TV at this stage, The Orville was just better.
Nope, he never will.

Lorca is a white male, and not coincidentally, the only true villain in the series. Nobody else was truly a villain.

theratman

Executive Member
Nope, he never will.

Lorca is a white male, and not coincidentally, the only true villain in the series. Nobody else was truly a villain.
Klingons...Lorca is dead in both universes. Wouldn't mind seeing the admiral be captain but I'm sure they'll bring in a replacement, Saru & Burnham surely cant be considered for permanent captaincy

isie

Executive Member
Klingons...Lorca is dead in both universes. Wouldn't mind seeing the admiral be captain but I'm sure they'll bring in a replacement, Saru & Burnham surely cant be considered for permanent captaincy
they were on their way to pick to the new captain and Sarek just caught a lift to Vulcan - on the way they got the Distress signal for the Enterprise - so probably only meet the new captain at the end or in the second episode of season 2

theratman

Executive Member
they were on their way to pick to the new captain and Sarek just caught a lift to Vulcan - on the way they got the Distress signal for the Enterprise - so probably only meet the new captain at the end or in the second episode of season 2
Fek I must've missed the last few minutes!

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Nope, he never will.

Lorca was awesome. He was the only one who had a clue of what he was doing the whole time. And he was screwing everyone. The security officer, the admiral, mirror Michael, emperor.

And there is a major flaw in your whole theory. The emperor was a nasty piece of work, and a total villain as well.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Lorca was awesome. He was the only one who had a clue of what he was doing the whole time. And he was screwing everyone. The security officer, the admiral, mirror Michael, emperor.

And there is a major flaw in your whole theory. The emperor was a nasty piece of work, and a total villain as well.
She is presented as a sympathetic character because she survives. Besides, Discovery seems to want us to believe the Lorca is worse than even Mirror Georgiou.

Lupus

Honorary Master
NB the enterprise is huge compared to discovery

View attachment 499025
The constitution class was a Heavy Cruiser, they are the first and last in combat, they are the frontline forces. Discovery is a science vessel with some warship capabilities, but it wasn't designed to be the fore-front of a battle. Technically neither was the Shenzho as that was a recon ship.