Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

isie

Honorary Master
The constitution class was a Heavy Cruiser, they are the first and last in combat, they are the frontline forces. Discovery is a science vessel with some warship capabilities, but it wasn't designed to be the fore-front of a battle. Technically neither was the Shenzho as that was a recon ship.
yep i know that ;) im a bit of a harcore Trekkie -

falcon786

Executive Member
Bull*****,discovery is the only vessel in it's class that was designed as a fidget spinner!

Bloody newbs... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
Bull*****,discovery is the only vessel in it's class that was designed as a fidget spinner!

Bloody newbs... :rolleyes:
:p

Discovery looks like its based on the ship design for enterprise for the failed pilot Phase2

falcon786

Executive Member
:p

Discovery looks like its based on the ship design for enterprise for the failed pilot Phase2
It's actually one of the best designs IMO,also I actually like the effect when it goes into the spinathon jump.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
She is presented as a sympathetic character because she survives. Besides, Discovery seems to want us to believe the Lorca is worse than even Mirror Georgiou.
There was nothing remotely nice about Mirror Georgiou. Maybe you were sympathetic towards her, and you need to deal with that.

theratman

Executive Member
There was nothing remotely nice about Mirror Georgiou. Maybe you were sympathetic towards her, and you need to deal with that.
Agreed, she was a tyrannical Emperor/ess.

I'm now going through Enterprise again and am really enjoying it. Far less dud episodes than TNG, Ds9 and Voy.

isie

Honorary Master
Agreed, she was a tyrannical Emperor/ess.

I'm now going through Enterprise again and am really enjoying it. Far less dud episodes than TNG, Ds9 and Voy.
accept for the Finale - that was a major major let down. It had the makings of a great Finale and they just messed that ending up

theratman

Executive Member
accept for the Finale - that was a major major let down. It had the makings of a great Finale and they just messed that ending up
Yeah the episode before the finale really should have been the last one.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
100%... That last episode was trying too hard to create story lines for a second season, whilst also removing one of the most useful story line tools with the spore drive...

isie

Honorary Master
[video=youtube;_R7G0zXF4HA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R7G0zXF4HA[/video]
trailer for season 2

powermzii

Expert Member
[video=youtube;_R7G0zXF4HA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R7G0zXF4HA[/video]
trailer for season 2
Enjoyed this, looks like they are diverging from the story they left us with at the end of season 1 and I'm not unhappy about that

KT-B

Honorary Master
The Blu-ray of season 1 will be available in Nov 2018

beans100

Honorary Master
So, who is watching the new Short Trek Runaway episode that came out?