Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

theratman

Executive Member
Dont know on the characters, I think the casting of Anson Mount as the young Captain Pike wasnt bad as he resembles a younger Bruce Geenwood (Admiral Pike) from the Star Trek movies quite a bit.
Yeah I hope they keep him on as I don't buy Suru (?) as captain.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I am so over Michael always being the savior and super-duper character in the show that saves the rest of them. Meh. Enuff now.

Give the other characters some bloody screentime and glory for a change. pffft.

KT-B

Honorary Master
I really enjoyed this episode. Loved the new Pike - and love the engineer. I like how the characters are developing too. They are not perfect but they are not static either. I like that. Really looking forward to the next one.

theratman

Executive Member
Suru is one of the cool characters in this show...but in supporting capacity. Not captain.
He is but as you said he's no captain. Glad they aren't forcing it into us and the pike move was a great choice. The cannon also sits pretty well with TOS.

falcon786

Executive Member
So after episode 2 I can say this show is really getting some momentum now,I dare say more like Star trek of old with a bit more shine.

falcon786

Executive Member
Really looking forward to tonight
Until now I've been enjoying The Orville more than Star trek discovery,from about this season though Star trek has the advantage and I'm looking forward to the next season.It's no longer too serious while feeling amateur in the process.

Somehow they've ironed out that amateur feel it had which is a good thing.

theratman

Executive Member
So after episode 2 I can say this show is really getting some momentum now,I dare say more like Star trek of old with a bit more shine.
Bliksem, had me all excited checking Netflix and all

Need some entertainment after being probed today

They did - but it really isn't bothering me. They are tying the important bits together.
Yes, it also doesn’t bother me, and now they don’t need to appease the Star Trek diehards with canon anymore. Discovery is going into a new direction.

The Section 31 series and the Picard series, which is already in production, is coming. They say that both these series will be ‘more’ Star Trek, but that the Picard series will be ‘more nostalgic’ Star Trek. The producers talked about Section 31 evolving into the underground organisation we know in DS9.

At least Control had nothing to do with the Borg origin story, this had me asking many questions.

We have 3 Star Trek series :love:

KT-B

Honorary Master
I was wondering about the Borg too and Control. A question my son asked was why didn't control just infect the ship.

And I would love to see the journey of Section 31 to what it was in DS9