Star Trek: Discovery [SPOILERS]

rambo919

Honorary Master
Burnam, as a character in a far-fetched sci-fi show, is far fetched. Unlike the Wesley Crusher and Julian Bashir characters, the annoying traits are not evolving for the better as the episodes progress.
I think it's time we all admit you just plain irrationally hate how they ham fistedly force her into a messiah role that no previous captain was forced into not even kirk. That is the long and the short of it.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I think it's time we all admit you just plain irrationally hate how they ham fistedly force her into a messiah role that no previous captain was forced into not even kirk. That is the long and the short of it.
Hate is such a strong word and should rather be reserved for either of these:
1610104241074.png 1610107657928.png 1610104272884.png

Last edited:

killerbyte

Expert Member
A lot of Trill do go by that though.
Yes, agreed!

HOWEVER! The show doesn't use that reason, which is plausible. They just throw it in as a virtual signal to wokeness. Had they said its because of all the past hosts I would have been so happy, but they didn't.

rambo919

Honorary Master
A lot of Trill do go by that though.
On one hand creepy stays creepy, on the other hand I remember the line (or something resembling it) being thrown in "I have always" which ads the pre-trill period.

Of course the whole trill thing makes me think of demon possession anyway, the girl is legion that goes by "we".