Starlink satellite Internet now has over 10,000 users

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Starlink satellite Internet now has over 10,000 users

The Starlink satellite Internet service developed by Elon Musk’s SpaceX has racked up more than 10,000 users.

This is according to an application the company recently filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the US.

The service entered its public beta late in 2020, when it was opened to users in the US as well as Canada and the UK.

Veneficus

And when they have the 12,000 satellites in orbit the aliens will have their ammunition to attack the earth with 12,000 home made projectiles:)

Hehehe well done space-x and starlink :)

I wonder when we will be getting Sat phones the size of our current cellphones :)

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
And when they have the 12,000 satellites in orbit the aliens will have their ammunition to attack the earth with 12,000 home made projectiles:)

Hehehe well done space-x :)
Unless they are made of Tungsten
I doubt that.

vermillon

While SpaceX has registered as a company in South Africa, it is yet to get approval from ICASA for the required Electronic Communications Service (ECS) or Electronic Communications Network Service (ECS/ECNS) licence.

It would also have to be allocated frequency spectrum to use for its network communications before it can operate legally in South Africa.
Awesome so they should be approved by the year 2050 when anybody wishing to use such a service would have either died or left the country

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Awesome so they should be approved by the year 2050 when anybody wishing to use such a service would have either died or left the country
Lol this still waiting for the Pi 400 approval 6 months later. Pathetic.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master

Order Starlink​

************************************** Pretoria, South Africa

Starlink is targeting coverage in your area in 2022. Availability is limited. Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
If Starlink could include a 8-hour backup-battery with the kits sold in Africa...

I've put down the R1540 deposit for one. If, in the end, I don't use it I doubt whether it'll be a hard sell to someone else needing it.