Starlink's ownership requirements uncertainty in South Africa

If Starlink cut me off, I'm outta here and taking my foreign generated income with me.

What does that have to do with my comment regarding a business telling SA to get knotted for trying to force ownership criteria?

What does that have to do with my comment regarding a business telling SA to get knotted for trying to force ownership criteria?
It means they likely won't launch in SA.
I understand what you're trying to say - long term gains vs keeping people happy short term. It's probably better all round if they do just that.

Like all businesses Musk should pay Vat and Tax in S.A. like anybody else. Please not I dont support BEE
That was not an issue? When i bought a Starlink in Mozambique the TVA was added, and no doubt starlink is paying it.

Starlink is not trying to avoid VAT, its trying to avoid feeding filthy cadres pockets with 30% for doing nothing but breathing air and having a certain skin color. Its insanity at its best.

its trying to avoid feeding filthy cadres pockets with 30% for doing nothing but breathing air and having a certain skin color.
That's the working theory at least. There's no evidence or statement to confirm that as yet.

Why is it a headache for Starlink? It's not like SA is a huge market and they've served every other country in the world already.

Reactions: cda
"countries like China and Russia"

Yeah, wake up and look around you, SA is China and Russia's b**tch

Why is it a headache for Starlink? It's not like SA is a huge market and they've served every other country in the world already.
Exactly, you really think Starlink are losing sleep over a tiny population of people who can barely afford it?

Starlink does not have a BEE headache. The Anc has a BEE headache as BEE is preventing investment in the country. Obviously we are on the cusp of seeing what a government of national unity will hold but I have a feeling we could see a **** to a more business friendly economy where the screams of cadres dressed in red and ready to strike, could be much watered down.

Back