Kosmik

Honorary Master
Interesting.....wonder what will happen to current subscribers\gear\packages.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Well R199p/m sounds promising, depending on the content.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Pricing is not bad. But will need to wait for the channel listing to appear.

I see the Top TV website has still not been updated.

DJ...

Banned
Cat+funny+pictures%252C+%2528972%2529.jpg

Praeses

Expert Member
Fox FX might be a nice channel to have...will have to wait and see what they choose to air on it.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
FX has always been available?

Correct. Only DSTV had it added on earlier this year, was with TopTV since inception. At those prices, even leaving it on the "same" package, it'll save nearly R100.

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
If the NBA channel aren't actually paying StarSat (like the other religious channels are) to carry their channel then Starsat must shove it up it's hoop.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
If the NBA channel aren't actually paying StarSat (like the other religious channels are) to carry their channel then Starsat must shove it up it's hoop.

Huh? Religious channels? Is this not a basketball channel? :confused:

/goes read article again

rph72

Executive Member
Currently I'm paying R169 per month. So for an extra R30 I will be getting the Superior package which includes FX. Not bad.

StarSat has also whittled TopTV’s previous offering of 7 bouquets down to 4:

Star Sat Special: R99/month
Star Sat Sensation: R149/month
Star Sat Superior: R199/month
Star Sat Indian: R99/month

Stalker

If it does not have decent sport ( Football, Rugby, Motoracing etc) then I won't be taking it

R13...

Honorary Master
Correct. Only DSTV had it added on earlier this year, was with TopTV since inception. At those prices, even leaving it on the "same" package, it'll save nearly R100.

DSTV has Fox not FX. Two separate channels. TopTV has both

JustAsk

Expert Member

It's NBA SPORTS channel.Same feed as US,with all the live matches.

I'm happy that they changed that ridiculous package names,something i always have a problem with.

RichardG

Honorary Master
TopTV/ODM/StarSat have already discontinued a few channels already example Top History, Top Learn, Top Crime, Top Movies and so forth wouldn't be crossing my fingers and seeing content being improved. Unless what they are trying to achieve is to get enough customers to join before adding more content.

How many people are current subscribed ?
What is there target goal in 6months(for new customers joining)?
What will be happening with the current TopTV decoders at retailers ? Will they be discontinued

They will fail big time with new competitors coming into the market OpenView/FreeVision. I am sure the content that they secure for cheap prices, some channels might be added on OV and FV in due time.

Here is their current TV Guide, not sure if is outdated/updated http://www.ondigitalmedia.co.za/top...=com_tvguide&filter_date=2013-10-31&Itemid=29

If they bring channels such as Sci-fi(syfy) I will gladly department with my money immediately, add more discovery content channels, more BBC, etc.

Last edited:

Fox1

Executive Member
The Bollywood package is extremely competitively priced but it would be nice to know what that package actually consists off.