senyetse

Correct. Only DSTV had it added on earlier this year, was with TopTV since inception. At those prices, even leaving it on the "same" package, it'll save nearly R100.

Just a correction, ToptV had Fox and FX (both Fox Africa channels). DSTV only got Fox not FX.

senyetse

Fox FX might be a nice channel to have...will have to wait and see what they choose to air on it.

FX originally had the Walking Dead but then it moved over to Fox when it started on DSTV. FX had Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Bones, Entourage. Only problem was there was very little new content.

labratza

Expert Member
this is going to be very interesting. so everyone is going to need to get new decoders but it is worth it if they going to be broadcasting in HD but wonder now if it is Full HD or 720P

JustAsk

Expert Member
this is going to be very interesting. so everyone is going to need to get new decoders but it is worth it if they going to be broadcasting in HD but wonder now if it is Full HD or 720P

NO...you won't need a new decoder but a HD decoder will of course upscale you sd content.

labratza

Expert Member
and the prepaid deals. can you still buy prepaid or is that been canceled as of tonight as well or what is happening to the prepaid section of toptv

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
FX originally had the Walking Dead but then it moved over to Fox when it started on DSTV. FX had Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Bones, Entourage. Only problem was there was very little new content.

Theyre busy working through Star Trek Enterprise content atm. I love the programming, but like any satellite network. Many repeats.

Sodan

Expert Member
I just canceled. Had the "premium" thing with all the channels.

FX and Fox have some great series, and I also thoroughly enjoyed Discovery Science.

Canceling due to personal circumstances, but I will probably look at them again in a month or two, when I'm more settled.

Paul_S

Executive Member
More channels and my subscription is dropping from R279 to R199?
Not bad at all. :)
What does DSTV Premium cost again?

RichardG

Honorary Master
On a note on the HD(future) offering I am curious to know if OpenView/Ellies(OVHD) decoders will work with StarSat cause the decoders are future pay-tv ready, best of both worlds if they will allow to provision sim cards to work on OpenView/Ellies decoder. If that is possibly then they will definitely have me as a subscriber again

senyetse

More channels and my subscription is dropping from R279 to R199?
Not bad at all. :)
What does DSTV Premium cost again?

I was on the TopTV premium package, now on DSTV EXtra - we had DSTV premium open for free for 3 days a few weeks back. You can't compare the TopTV premium package to the DSTV premium - latter has waaay better content - new movies, series, kids shows etc. TopTV does win on music channels though.

Paul_S

Executive Member
You can't compare the TopTV premium package to the DSTV premium - latter has waaay better content - new movies, series, kids shows etc. TopTV does win on music channels though.

Agreed, DSTV content with regards to movies, sport is way better but one channel I will not give up is Jim Jam.
It's the best kids programming I have seen and DSTV hasn't got anything that comes even close. Our TV is on Jim Jam 90% of the time, 5% on C Music channel (classical music) and the remaining 5% on news, movie channels, etc.
I'm happy to pay R199 per month just for the Jim Jam channel for the little one and pocket the R426+ per month for other stuff.

senyetse

Agreed, DSTV content with regards to movies, sport is way better but one channel I will not give up is Jim Jam.
It's the best kids programming I have seen and DSTV hasn't got anything that comes even close. Our TV is on Jim Jam 90% of the time, 5% on C Music channel (classical music) and the remaining 5% on news, movie channels, etc.
I'm happy to pay R199 per month just for the Jim Jam channel for the little one and pocket the R426+ per month for other stuff.
LOL My kid is too old for Jim Jam (11). TopTV only had Kidsco left so we dumped it for DSTV - Extra has several she can watch. I prefer DSTV - TopTV just looked cheap. Personal preference I suppose.