State capture inquiry begins

surface

Honorary Master
Medical parole before he is even tried and convicted? Do you high IQ people ever pause to listen to the things you say on this forum?
:ROFL: :ROFL: Google this if interested. In some places, one can hire professional weepers/mourners for a funeral. This incessant victimhood displayed on mybb reminds me of that profession.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
:ROFL: :ROFL: Google this if interested. In some places, one can hire professional weepers/mourners for a funeral. This incessant victimhood displayed on mybb reminds me of that profession.
In another thread he is moaning about Carl Niehaus being treated bad because he is white, Herr grok in particular is very good at this, he should consider making a career out of it.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The extension has been secured,

State capture inquiry secures yet another extension​

The North Gauteng High Court has again extended the term of the Zondo commission of inquiry into state capture for a further three months.

The inquiry approached the high court on Wednesday on an urgent basis asking for a further extension to complete its report.

Judge Tshifhiwa Maumela granted the three-month extension. This was a day before the expiry of the term for the commission, which had already completed the hearing of oral evidence.

This is the fifth extension for the inquiry initially scheduled to sit for six months.

The court order will be indicative of the conditions.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

More questions than answers about this arrest:

surface

Honorary Master
The extension has been secured,

The court order will be indicative of the conditions.
Justice Zondo is going to float 'Extensions like me' company on the lines of 'Black like me' from Herman Mashaba.

surface

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Justice Zondo is going to float 'Extensions like me' company on the lines of 'Black like me' from Herman Mashaba.

He can't, Ramaphosa set a date in stone,

Zondo gets an official D-Day to hand in his report​

Ramaphosa signed off the official deadline for submission in late October and the highly anticipated document must be filed by January 1, as indicated in the government gazette published on November 9...

the question is, then, how the presidency is going to proceed with the report? Though the report is in the public interest, some parts therein won't be made transparent on the get go and perhaps never, as sealing the report or redacting the report is a possibility. However, will the presidency take action in 2022 or 2023 (or later), with the ANC presidential election coming December 2022?

I don't know, Zuma as an ANC chess piece is still used to manoeuvre the ANC's best interests, or so it seems.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Master of extensions is trying his luck again.

Ugh. In February, they will request to have another extension.

FHHuc_3XwAUQ--U

FHHump6XwAQ0ztY

At least it doesn't seem that they need more money, but I see this has already pass muster with the President.

So... how long will Ramaphosa have to deliberate over the three Zondo reports and to take action? The clock is ticking... This time next year the ANC will also be making some huge deliberation, and with this state and ANC being incapable to be separated. I don't think the patronage network will implode any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 3WA

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Ugh. In February, they will request to have another extension.

FHHuc_3XwAUQ--U

FHHump6XwAQ0ztY

At least it doesn't seem that they need more money, but I see this has already pass muster with the President.

So... how long will Ramaphosa have to deliberate over the three Zondo reports and to take action? The clock is ticking... This time next year the ANC will also be making some huge deliberation, and with this state and ANC being incapable to be separated. I don't think the patronage network will implode any time soon.

End of Feb 2022 for final report release (assuming no more extensions of course), I would say CR will "study" the report for at least 18 months before anything sees the light of day.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
End of Feb 2022 for final report release (assuming no more extensions of course), I would say CR will "study" the report for at least 18 months before anything sees the light of day.
He wants just 4 months, isn't he a good boy?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
He wants just 4 months, isn't he a good boy?

Still on the money, 14 days turned ~120 days. This report being separated into three parts, which will be gradually served, I would guess that Ramaphosa only have to act on the 'complete' report which would be submitted somewhere March, so Ramaphosa believes it would be most reasonable to communicate his response and implementation in somewhere July?

To quote the article,

Ramaphosa said by the time the report was submitted, there would have been six extensions of the time for submission by the commission.

okay, but,

"I always understood that it was only after receipt of the six complete reports that I would have a comprehensive appreciation of the State Capture Commission's findings and recommendations."

three more reports? It is possible that this understanding could still materialise, which would push out the date even more.

I don't know, but I can see a situation where Ramaphosa is starting to request more time on his current request... By that time the ANC is drumming their elective December drums, and somewhere between now and then are their provincial elective.

Not to take away, I also don't believe 14 days is enough to appropriately communicate to Parliament, but the NPA and intelligence is sharing with the Zondo Commission, so there must already be substantial work done to accommodate the President's ultimate action, or implementation, plan.