Static IP for home use

Chris_Auc

Heya everyone.
I'm looking for an ISP that can provide me with a static IP with the FTTH package, not the FTTB package.
Of course, I will pay the extra fee for the Static IP.
Want to host some game servers. :)
I'm on the Openserve fibre network, any help will be much appreciated.
@AfriNatic
@PBCool

henry1103

On same boat with Vumatel and RSAWeb.
RSAWeb does offer static IP, however they tell me they can't apply static IP to Vumatel.
Although the IP address assigned to me is pretty static in the sense that it hasn't changed yet over the past couple of months.
I am looking at other options like a VPN service that allows static IP as well.
I am also looking into setting up my own "vpn" where all my traffic routes through an EC2 instance to the rest of the web.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Heya everyone.
I'm looking for an ISP that can provide me with a static IP with the FTTH package, not the FTTB package.
@AfriNatic
@PBCool

Hi,

We can offer you a nat static IP on Openserve. :)

mjzar

Mind The Speed also offer a static IP at no cost (for FTTH service)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Heya everyone.
@AfriNatic
@PBCool
Why don't we just host the games for you? @StoneCold is doing some of this

CrypticZA

Expert Member
On same boat with Vumatel and RSAWeb.
RSAWeb does offer static IP, however they tell me they can't apply static IP to Vumatel.
Although the IP address assigned to me is pretty static in the sense that it hasn't changed yet over the past couple of months.
I am looking at other options like a VPN service that allows static IP as well.
I am also looking into setting up my own "vpn" where all my traffic routes through an EC2 instance to the rest of the web.
If you on Vuma trenched your IP basically stays the same, been 3 years on Vuma and had 2 IP's the only time it changed was when i changed our package from 20/2 to 50/5 so 2 years on the 20/2 IP and then now i want to say like 8 months on the 50/50 now

CrypticZA

Expert Member
We are happy to host but wont manage them.
Do you like give a login to a VM or what? Would be keen to find out about maybe having a minecraft server ran for a bit - have messaged stonecold about setup etc since i am not familiar what would be needed.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Do you like give a login to a VM or what? Would be keen to find out about maybe having a minecraft server ran for a bit - have messaged stonecold about setup etc since i am not familiar what would be needed.
Yeap VM.

Koosvanwyk

If you on Vuma trenched your IP basically stays the same, been 3 years on Vuma and had 2 IP's the only time it changed was when i changed our package from 20/2 to 50/5 so 2 years on the 20/2 IP and then now i want to say like 8 months on the 50/50 now
Same here, 4 and a bit years on Vumatel and have had 2 IPs. It changed when I changed my package

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
Sounds like a great offer. I host a Ark server and we have a nice little community.

What specs do you sponsor on such a VM? My Ark servers uses about 110GB of RAM, and runs on SSD's for better performance. They are not very CPU intensive, but like higher frequency (2.5ghz or above).
110GB of RAM?! Damn. Didnt know Ark requires such a beefy server

die_pieter

110GB of RAM?! Damn. Didnt know Ark requires such a beefy server
There are so many DLC maps now, and we are hosting the full cluster, so they are very RAM intensive. The 2 latest maps (DLC's) uses anywhere from 8-13GB per map and the older maps a bit less. My machine running Windows Server 2019 uses about 95-105GB running, so a bit less for the Ark servers themselves and some for system things.

Its 10 official DLC's (maps) now, and another heading our way later this year.

die_pieter

Heya everyone.
@AfriNatic
@PBCool

I used OpenVPN Server on a VPS and dial my machine into that for a static IP. Set up the port forwards and everything. It works very well!