Staysafe SMSs

iandoug

Hi

I'm getting tired of these "Staysafe" SMSs with cryptic links. Are they spam, who is sending them, and can I block them? (if they're not some Official Government Service That You Can't Unsubscribe From".

Thanks, Ian

B-1

Government forced mobile providers to send sms's about covid-19. I get one or 2 a day. Tired of all the "we have limited support" sms/emails as well from everyone.

Supervan II

Expert Member
I receive daily unblockable cov19 smses from the gov. I believe this is illegal and I find them offensive. Who agrees with me?
Unblockable? Says who?

I have blocked each one the first time they appeared. Nothing received from the same number/s.

VooDooC

Expert Member
I haven't received one sms from them yet, hope it stays that way.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
I've been replying with "**** off" but I don't think the replies go through. Makes me feel better though.
You are literally wasting your time and money; the replies goes into an inbox of sort which can be read if wanted/needed otherwise its ignored. Rather git gud and setup a proper shitlist to block from.

mister

Executive Member
You are literally wasting your time and money; the replies goes into an inbox of sort which can be read if wanted/needed otherwise its ignored.
Wrong. Replies do not go through on my Vodacom sim and I am not charged.