Staysafe SMSs

Capetown505

the first ones I got I managed to block that number then a week later I got and keep getting from a unblockable number. Its wrong., its forced messages that I don't want.

B-1

I think they stopped caring about me as I haven't got one this week and feeling a little left out. I did get one the said "test" from some weird number though so there's that.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I receive daily unblockable cov19 smses from the gov. I believe this is illegal and I find them offensive. Who agrees with me?
The networks are legally required to send them.
I have blocked each one the first time they appeared. Nothing received from the same number/s.
Mine don't come from a "number"

Slowmow

Is it possible to block this daily covid_19 sms's we are getting. I know this sms spam might be helpful to somebody. Now ho wants to get wake up by this %%#&%$ in the mornings just after 6?

I got a Note 10 Lite, and the only option to block is to block a number, I do not see a way to block sms's with certain phrases in it.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Yeah samsung removed this phrase blocking on some phones.

I installed "key messages" from the app store and replaced the existing sms app. Bliss

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Is it possible to block this daily covid_19 sms's we are getting. I know this sms spam might be helpful to somebody. Now ho wants to get wake up by this %%#&%$ in the mornings just after 6?

I got a Note 10 Lite, and the only option to block is to block a number, I do not see a way to block sms's with certain phrases in it.
Don't read MyBB...

Oh, schit sorry......SMS spam?

My bad.............

Pixual

Expert Member
I get at least 2, sometimes 3 of these idiotic SMS's every day from Government on my MTN cell number. They are either telling me I must cough into my elbow or not go outside or some other obvious behaviour.

I can't seem to block the number that they come from and no amount of STOP replies seem to do anything.

This is now becoming intrusive and I want to know how I can get them to stop. Who can I complain to?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
It's a legal requirement for the networks to send them.

If you want them to stop switch off your phone.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
I get at least 2, sometimes 3 of these idiotic SMS's every day from Government on my MTN cell number. They are either telling me I must cough into my elbow or not go outside or some other obvious behaviour.

I can't seem to block the number that they come from and no amount of STOP replies seem to do anything.

This is now becoming intrusive and I want to know how I can get them to stop. Who can I complain to?
Truecaller seems to have blocked it effectively.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

I can block them fine with QKSMS https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.moez.QKSMS/. Will try later with Google Messages as well since I'm going back to Google but sure it'll work there as well.