Staysafe SMSs

grok

Honorary Master
I must just be lucky - only get these once per week - so far received 7, last one received 8 May
Who even knows how many I received? I've been ignoring any covid/we care blah blah fishpaste **** from day one..

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Rubbish.

It's your cellular provider that sends these messages free of charge - a requirement by ICASA.

Either my service provider don't have my number, or a spam filter somewhere kicked in as I never got one of em.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I don't mind them. I receive 20x more spam from cell providers and insurance companies collectively, so at 2 a day for Covid-19 related "warnings", I feel I can handle them.

XTM

Can someone please assist how to get rid of this annoying sms's over vodacom network. customer care said they have no control over these sms. also I'm unable to block them.

Stokstert

Executive Member
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:I managed to get that SMS blocked, but now my phone displays a message that it has blocked it. Now I have to delete that notice again every time.

Shaun108

Executive Member
I blocked them via Truecaller and turned off the "Notify me about blocked SMS" option.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
They don't bother me. I get more spam from banks and insurance companies.

"D"

Expert Member
I haven't received one sms from them yet, hope it stays that way.
That is due to malicious hypocrisy from government - they are actively practicing apartheid by excluding landlines from this!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Vodacom in partnership with Discovery is here to help. If you suspect you've been infected with COVID-19 visit http://voda.com/covid-19 for a FREE Online Doctors Consultation. T&C's apply. Stay Safe, Stay Home.

Received the 13th ...

LOTR

Vodacom in partnership with Discovery is here to help. If you suspect you've been infected with COVID-19 visit http://voda.com/covid-19 for a FREE Online Doctors Consultation. T&C's apply. Stay Safe, Stay Home.

Received the 13th ...
Got that same one on the 15th, prior to that I got the standard message on the 8th.
So still 1 per week for me (expecting the next on 22nd).

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Got that same one on the 15th, prior to that I got the standard message on the 8th.
So still 1 per week for me (expecting the next on 22nd).
Will see when I get the next one.

Cannot find the previous one.

Last edited: