Steenhuisen says Zille's tweets on Apartheid are not truthful

ForceFate

Honorary Master
at least somebody wrote down the events of history... :D

theres the removal of things, or recent denials. like museum exhibitions or necklacing events.

some kids i spoke to told me they never learned that mandela lived in a private house in victor verster.
I fail to see the irony.

C4Cat

Executive Member
She is clearly VF+ lite now and the new DA leadership is clearly VF+ lite. Some of their messaging on social media now is very similar to that used by the VF+.

The problem is that there change of direction might not work out as planned because there is still an ANC lite faction within the party that won't hesitate to call them out if they feel they have to.
So what you're saying is the DA as a whole is a lite party, made up of two lite extremes, a combination of VF+ lite and ANC lite. No wonder they're so confused and ineffective.

access

Honorary Master
Put the goalposts back where they were. Where is irony in that statement?
someone that helped make history is now supposedly rewriting it...

meanwhile blatant attempts to rewrite history every day by a bunch opposing her goes by accepted.

He obviously just doesn't understand what irony means.
you should stick to "substance" abuse

newjourno

Expert Member
So what you're saying is the DA as a whole is a lite party, made up of two lite extremes, a combination of VF+ lite and ANC lite. No wonder they're so confused and ineffective.
You are spot on and this is what I am saying.

They committed a big mistake by re-electing Zille. Trollip would have been the best guy to lead the party right now as he is popular among both factions and could have brought unity somewhat.

One faction believes that BEE must be eradicated and thinks farm murders should be deemed hate-crimes. Another feels that BEE is needed and that farm murders are non-racially motivated crimes.

Their caucus lacks political intelligence, unfortunately. Everyone foresaw what would happen except them.

surface

Executive Member

You got his genes man; be proud.
George Carlin

"irony is a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result"

For instance if a diabetic on his way to buy insulin is killed by a runaway truck he is the victim of an accident; if the truck was delivering sugar he is the victim of an oddly poetic coincidence but if the truck was delivering insulin ah then he is the victim of an irony

ForceFate

Honorary Master

meanwhile blatant attempts to rewrite history every day by a bunch opposing her goes by accepted.

you should stick to "substance" abuse
Straw man, but I'll bite. Yes, she may have been part of the anti-apartheid activism but it doesn't make her recent utterances true. She backed out of that minefield like a real politician.

The last bit is laughable. You're welcome to ask for my opinion on the likes of Julius, JZ, Masina, Mthethwa, Fearfokol, etc.

History material is freely available everywhere. You can't fault lack of teaching on material available. There's a whole lot we learned post school that wasn't taught in school. Lot of detail is left out of school books.

access

Honorary Master

You got his genes man; be proud.
yeah, well, thats just like, your racist opinion man.

and erm

"irony is a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result"
that is called sarcasm....

good to know youre using a joker as your source of information.

Straw man, but I'll bite. Yes, she may have been part of the anti-apartheid activism but it doesn't make her recent utterances true. She backed out of that minefield like a real politician.

The last bit is laughable. You're welcome to ask for my opinion on the likes of Julius, JZ, Masina, Mthethwa, Fearfokol, etc.

History material is freely available everywhere. You can't fault lack of teaching on material available. There's a whole lot we learned post school that wasn't taught in school. Lot of detail is left out of school books.
to be specific, i see it as situational irony. a journalist who helped write history is seen as rewriting history.

yeah while you might not like those you mentioned, i do not recall you calling them out for trying to rewrite history. i dont see any attempt to put them straight from the leaders either when they do try their shenanigans.

little distortions over a long period of time eventually add up. its is pretty common in communism and modern authoritarianism, of which the governing party prescribes to while claiming democracy. what matters is what the people of the country in question know and believe.