Stellenbosch University student's belongings urinated on in allegedly racist incident

Howdy

Expert Member
I am amused by the Unisa Law Clinic, they made this statement,

but it is they themselves who promote it on their socials. The news broke with their Tweet being quoted.
That's not the only thing amusing me.

Screenshot-8.png

:oops:

...but it was the wee hours, they acknowledge it.

:laugh:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Disciplinary hearing of Matie student Theuns du Toit finalised​

A disciplinary hearing has been held for suspended Stellenbosch University student Theuns du Toit, who was filmed urinating on the belongings of fellow student Babalo Ndwayana.

Theuns du Toit's lawyer, William Fullard, says final evidence was submitted on Thursday and they are now awaiting the verdict.

Du Toit, who is also facing criminal charges, hit the headlines after a video of him urinating on Ndwayana’s belongings in the Huis Marais residence went viral.

ullard says final evidence was presented on Thursday.

"At this stage I am unsure if the university will provide a report. However, what I can stress or state is that the matter was finalised now half an hour ago, finalised in the sense that all the evidence has been placed before the committee, and argument on behalf of Theuns was made and argument on behalf of the university was made.

Now the matter was postponed for outcome or judgment. They did not give us an indication but hopefully be too long."

Ndwayana has declined to comment amid reports that he did not participate in the process due to perceived bias by the chair of the committee.

In the case racism wasn't the main cause, /cough as it was with the July unrest, then I doubt that Ndwayana will accept the outcome. It is this outcome which can be deemed as a miscarriage though this is, but a mere disciplinary process there is still a civil… well, criminal side to this.

I don't believe that there will be any good ending. The university lined themselves up with their backs against the wall.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master

In the case racism wasn't the main cause, /cough as it was with the July unrest, then I doubt that Ndwayana will accept the outcome. It is this outcome which can be deemed as a miscarriage though this is, but a mere disciplinary process there is still a civil… well, criminal side to this.

I don't believe that there will be any good ending. The university lined themselves up with their backs against the wall.
Just like JZ. Make himself the victim in the public's eye.. and people burn down, loot etc when it doesn't go your way...

Bewlen

Expert Member
Nothing less than the accused getting life behind bars will do.

It is quite clear to see that there are parties intent on extracting maximum political mileage from this. And they will get it. The victim and the perpetrator are merely supporting actors in this excrement-fest.

rambo919

Honorary Master
He is already saying it's unfair before he sets a foot in the hearing.... just like his daddy who wanted apology and then change his mind. Nothing will please the victim and his daddy...
I can't help but wonder how big the chip on his shoulder is and how much he contributed in the leadup to the "event".

All just speculation on our part, could just have been a meh event that was blown out of proportion because daddy stepped in.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I see Du Toit's attorney was hoping that the outcome would have been reported today, but now it is in doubt whether the university will release their report, nevertheless, they would need to provide both Du Toit and Ndwayana with their decision, but I think due to today's event that the university may leave their decision up to the Khampepe commission’s outcome. This is probably what Ndwayana’s legal counsel wants, to sow the Khampepe commission and reaps its reward.

In my view, as long as the Khampepe commission is impartial and without public persuasion then I am good with any outcome, to be honest, but that can’t be guaranteed though it is to be expected. The only establishment to derive whether this was racism, or as de Vos alluded to spectacular racism, is the court and since the matter is now criminal it should be trusted to the courts to settle in any case.

All being said, seeing how things have developed I am quite certain that it is not Du Toit, but Stellenbosch University which is being targeted. This is a call to accelerate institutional change, why else bring the central disciplinary committee's chairperson into doubt. It is a action plan being executed.

I only hope that Ndwayana chose the right legal counsel, and is receiving advice in his best interest.

GrootVoet

I see Du Toit's attorney was hoping that the outcome would have been reported today, but now it is in doubt whether the university will release their report, nevertheless, they would need to provide both Du Toit and Ndwayana with their decision, but I think due to today's event that the university may leave their decision up to the Khampepe commission’s outcome. This is probably what Ndwayana’s legal counsel wants, to sow the Khampepe commission and reaps its reward.

In my view, as long as the Khampepe commission is impartial and without public persuasion then I am good with any outcome, to be honest, but that can’t be guaranteed though it is to be expected. The only establishment to derive whether this was racism, or as de Vos alluded to spectacular racism, is the court and since the matter is now criminal it should be trusted to the courts to settle in any case.

All being said, seeing how things have developed I am quite certain that it is not Du Toit, but Stellenbosch University which is being targeted. This is a call to accelerate institutional change, why else bring the central disciplinary committee's chairperson into doubt. It is a action plan being executed.

I only hope that Ndwayana chose the right legal counsel, and is receiving advice in his best interest.
I think he is going to be suspended for the rest of the year (2022 is anyway stuffed for him) and given some form of community service but will not be permanently banned from studying at US. Obviously this will lead to some sort of outcry.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master

I think you nailed it. That is pretty accurate spot on.... no matter how the verdict goes, "change" has to implemented. This whole "unfair" drama is just to get public buy in to protest when it doesn't go his way.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Devils Advocate:
When you feel you don't belong somewhere, you fckoff. How about you take your pissStain Laptop and fckoff to another University ? One where you get welcomed with open arms and dicks behind closed zippers.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Devils Advocate:
When you feel you don't belong somewhere, you fckoff. How about you take your pissStain Laptop and fckoff to another University ? One where you get welcomed with open arms and dicks behind closed zippers.

That's a dumb thing to say, it's like telling whites says they don't feel like they belong in SA due to not having apartheid anymore to fck off somewhere else.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
That's a dumb thing to say, it's like telling whites says they don't feel like they belong in SA due to not having apartheid anymore to fck off somewhere else.
Have you seen how many whites did fckoff out of SA ?