Stevens Mokgalapa voted out as Tshwane mayor in motion of no confidence

BBSA

Honorary Master
The vote against the mayor and speaker suffered numerous delaying tactics from the DA, which has now lost its second metro in as many days.

In what was always going to be an inevitable outcome, the EFF and ANC have successfully ousted Tshwane mayor Stevens Mokgalapa in a motion of no confidence on Thursday evening after a frustrating day of bizarre conflict and delays.

There were 111 votes for the motion, with zero against and zero abstentions

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
The vote against the mayor and speaker suffered numerous delaying tactics from the DA, which has now lost its second metro in as many days.

They need to go back to tactics school :ROFL:

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Wish I could spit in every single politicians face and call them exactly what I think of them!
All of them involved in trying to efficiently run anything is akin to having 25 captains with no deck workers trying to steer a boat in 25 different directions.

Just like Eskom - C**NTS
All of them

Excalibur

Executive Member
The DA was given a chance to run 3 of the biggest metros in the country and screwed up royally. I bet voters won't show them the same confidence in the next local elections.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The DA was given a chance to run 3 of the biggest metros in the country and screwed up royally. I bet voters won't show them the same confidence in the next local elections.
They are going to have a hard time coming back from this, but let's see what the Zille magic can do for them.

R13...

Honorary Master
The PE situation is quite different from the JHB/PTA debacles IMO. Trollip was certainly not evicted due to poor performance.
He was removed because the other coalition partners felt the DA were arrogant and acting as if they're outright majority. He should have been a little more politically savvy. True, Bobani was a thorn in his side but it appears despite the accusations of corruption no evidence ever got presented. That made it hard for the udm not to keep supporting their man. He seems to command a large constituency so Holomisa wasn't going to get rid a guy who brings him votes without solid proof.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I don't blame the DA for this. They had no choice given a hung metro after the voting.
I blame the EFF for not being consistent.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Wish I could spit in every single politicians face and call them exactly what I think of them!
All of them involved in trying to efficiently run anything is akin to having 25 captains with no deck workers trying to steer a boat in 25 different directions.

Just like Eskom - C**NTS
All of them
You probably voted for them though?

R13...

Honorary Master
I don't blame the DA for this. They had no choice given a hung metro after the voting.
I blame the EFF for not being consistent.
They should have known. The only thing consistent about the EFF is their inconsistency. The EFF professed to have voted with the DA to keep the ANC out of power but they were ready to help the ANC back in at the drop of a hat when they thought the DA won't allow them a proper turn at the trough.