Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 131 47.6%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 49 17.8%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 22 8.0%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Cremated

Votes: 18 6.5%

• Total voters

saturnz

Honorary Master
my portfolio has been flying since yesterday afternoon, I haven't had time to check what's happening though

far2000

Anyone with Sibanye Shares ; think we will see a major increase in the share price after fridays end to the 3month old strike ?

rvZA

Honorary Master
Anyone with Sibanye Shares ; think we will see a major increase in the share price after fridays end to the 3month old strike ?

I would never bet any money on local mining. The industry is dying under the current government.

PseuDohNom

If it does, don't be greedy. Profit is profit.

How's everyone else doing out there? I feel like we might be winding up for a bit of a bear market rally until month end.

If this coincides with the Sibanye thing, you guys might get lucky.

saturnz

Honorary Master
How's everyone else doing out there? I feel like we might be winding up for a bit of a bear market rally until month end.

winding up? The correction in global markets for the past two months stopped last week, where were you?

W@P

Expert Member
I am between two minds about whether I must sell and buy again in a dip or just hold. Donno how much more SOL can climb.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Just sold a few at 437 to take some profit :)
Just put an order to sell my original stake so the amount left is 'free money' whatever happens. Hedging my bets a bit but I don't have my eye on anything else (unless BAW goes down to 70 or 08.) Otherwise I might have cashed out completely.

I used a limit order for the first time. Hope that works out as a good call.

Yeah sold some at 350 and 400 will sell more if it gets to 450. Most profitable trade I have had in the JSE
It's the only individual share I've invested on the JSE :D. Unfortunately for tax reasons, I can only sell next March or so as that when CGT kicks in. So I'm love the price now but have to wait 9 months. Can't see oil price going much lower than it is now, however. This Russia Ukraine war will be far longer than many expect.

W@P

Expert Member
Just put an order to sell my original stake so the amount left is 'free money' whatever happens. Hedging my bets a bit but I don't have my eye on anything else (unless BAW goes down to 70 or 08.) Otherwise I might have cashed out completely.

I used a limit order for the first time. Hope that works out as a good call.
Yeah, i am also toying with the idea to sell the original amount that i put in.

PseuDohNom

winding up? The correction in global markets for the past two months stopped last week, where were you?
The way I see it, Russell 2000 is only gaining momentum now. Nasdaq is still building a base and will hopefully bleed this week with a double bottom hopefully towards Friday's news.

US inflation print this Friday is all that matters now really.

If inflation comes back 8.3 or lower, I think a solid relief rally across the board starts next week.

saturnz

Honorary Master
The way I see it, Russell 2000 is only gaining momentum now. Nasdaq is still building a base and will hopefully bleed this week with a double bottom hopefully towards Friday's news.

US inflation print this Friday is all that matters now really.

If inflation comes back 8.3 or lower, I think a solid relief rally across the board starts next week.

those are good points if the market was rational

these days I ask what myself "what should happen?" and then formulate my expectations on the exact opposite scenario