Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 87 47.5%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Cremated

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters

Ams1979

I only recently created my TFSA on EE, below is a interesting read, did not think of it like it is explained below. Hope it is in the right thread, mods to advise as it deals with ETF's

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I only recently created my TFSA on EE, below is a interesting read, did not think of it like it is explained below. Hope it is in the right thread, mods to advise as it deals with ETF's

I am surprised people don't understand that the account can and should be used to invest with.

I agree that the account should be called a tax free investment account.

Ishould_BeWorking

I am battling to understand they "why" of City Lodge other than the momentum play. I tucked into a little of TSG - momentum and I think they have that business / leisure mix which works for me

Tun@

Expert Member
I'm long anything PGM based on what earnings recently came out like & that was done with platinum below $1000.
I think there is going to be a move to $1500+ for platinum
I'm sitting long atm SSW/RBP/GLN but GLN is being a headacke being tied to London, its more a copper + silver price play for me, Australian thermal coal price has also risen so it should also benefit from that.
I still like RDF as a more safer play.

saturnz

Honorary Master
I'm hoping to catch silver under $25, it nearly hit it this morning.

Given last night's developments, the US job numbers this afternoon all of a sudden has some sort of significance.

Ishould_BeWorking

Just a warning guys...maybe it will happen ...maybe not but i see it there.... H&S

View attachment 1031410
I ran for the hills a little earlier this week, did not want to lose capital. When I see ups and downs on the Jse as in one day up on the stocks and one day down... I get skrik. I dont understand when you see those one day ups and one day downs story running over a week or two. I get conservative as an armchair guy

Tun@

Expert Member
Ya i also closed my positions this am & will sit on cash till i see whether that H&S plays out or not.
Is also support there from that white line so it may hold.