Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 88 48.1%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Cremated

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters

handyman007

Bought some LBH. It is almost near to all time low so hopefully go up. Also, they didn't declare dividend last 2 times so some possibility this year as they have been consistent till Covid hit.
It's fighting the 40 week moving average. If it breaks through, could be going up.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Finally decided to get back into buying single shares again after only buying ETFs and funds for a long time.

This time though: offshore shares. So back to the long time favourites that is Visa and MasterCard and also some Etsy and Target for funsies.

jammio

Would you buy this for a 1 - 2 years
Look my average cost is R1.70 and it's like half my portfolio at the moment. I will be scaling it back. But I am certainly holding on to a good chunk. You reckon they could push 70-80 EPS in 2024? Share likely worth R7 or more then.

LaraC

Honorary Master
Look my average cost is R1.70 and it's like half my portfolio at the moment. I will be scaling it back. But I am certainly holding on to a good chunk. You reckon they could push 70-80 EPS in 2024? Share likely worth R7 or more then.
Why sell if you believe the price will strengthen in future? :unsure:

surface

Honorary Master
sho. Everything I picked on EE (except ASH - but that is also minimally up) is at a loss since 6 months. Ask me to pick a loser and I shall oblige. :p :p

saturnz

Honorary Master
sho. Everything I picked on EE (except ASH - but that is also minimally up) is at a loss since 6 months. Ask me to pick a loser and I shall oblige. :p :p

I've had red positions for over a year turn around quite quickly.

The numbers can be stressful at times, but I've grown to look past it over the years.

surface

Honorary Master
I remember that spike in Feb - good times. I am glad I am not alone carrying those bags. I'm sitting at -5%ish at the moment. It's great :D
similar here, about -6% . China market bound to catch up though.

Last edited:

mr_norris

Expert Member
Any thoughts about the Revego listing? One of the articles for reference. Thought it was going to happen today, but it's been postponed.

The 8-10% dividend yield is quite enticing, as is solar and wind. Most of their portfolio is in existing wind and solar farms locally, and they've been running for some time. They also have purchase agreements in place, with termination penalties, etc. They can also use up to 10% of the fund for new developments, so there is room for growth there.

But I have a fair amount of cash in $ICLN and I can't say the performance has been great. I think I bought too high in the Biden clean energy hype, and it's probably way too soon to count it as a success or a loss. But yeah, another sandbag in my portfolio.