Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 92 46.7%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 38 19.3%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 21 10.7%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Cremated

Votes: 10 5.1%

• Total voters

acidrain

Executive Member
Dude if I had inside info on that type of stuff I wouldn't be here. It's publicly available.
I think what @Tun@ is trying to establish is where you saw the news that Sasol is selling the remainder of the 50% to LyondellBassell. Only info I can find is referring to the JV which occurred Oct last year. Can't see anything about them selling the remainder 50% on sharenet.

Tun@

Expert Member
Dude if I had inside info on that type of stuff I wouldn't be here. It's publicly available.

link? - i tried before i asked & a google search of what you posted returns zero

I think what @Tun@ is trying to establish is where you saw the news that Sasol is selling the remainder of the 50% to LyondellBassell. Only info I can find is referring to the JV which occurred Oct last year. Can't see anything about them selling the remainder 50% on sharenet.

Yes that was why i was asking

Tim_vb

Any bets on the Technoking / Master of Coin's shares performance after his latest stunt?
I'm thinking down 5% by close.

LaraC

Honorary Master
Any bets on the Technoking / Master of Coin's shares performance after his latest stunt?
I'm thinking down 5% by close.
Bitcoin acts like wild animal. Easily startled and quick to jump up and down. :D

saturnz

Honorary Master
a really good start for me to the week, momentum of this morning continuing into the open of the US markets

saturnz

Honorary Master
Resources banging today

yeah I'm not sure what happened, nothing specific today to cause it to move but it could be that people sat on last week's data and decided to act today- something that happens in order to avoid any nasty surprises over a weekend

my view is that resources will continue to increase even if the FED does decide to increase rates, acting on inflation after the event will be a huge mistake, but one which by the looks of things they will inevitably make

Ishould_BeWorking

yeah I'm not sure what happened, nothing specific today to cause it to move but it could be that people sat on last week's data and decided to act today- something that happens in order to avoid any nasty surprises over a weekend

my view is that resources will continue to increase even if the FED does decide to increase rates, acting on inflation after the event will be a huge mistake, but one which by the looks of things they will inevitably make
Safe haven views?

JayM

Expert Member
Condolences to all $T bagholders. Stock price tanked yesterday, and they're cutting dividend 50%.

Shango

Distell for sale, Heineken the buyer. You can climb into Remgro to try get a bit of the action.

marco

Expert Member
Reading on Simply Wall St on the fundamentals of my favourite 2 stocks I posted on here some months ago I am pleasantly surprised at how much better they are than I thought.
Alviva (AVV) in particular.

PE = 11.2x Sector ave. 22.4x
50% + undervalued to Fair Value.
Price = 12.60. Fair Value = 212.90
1 yr gain = 207% ZA = 31%
Still has waays to go.

ADAPTIT is the other but nothing need be said of it's extraordinary performance.