Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 39 18.9%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 21 10.2%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Cremated

Votes: 12 5.8%

• Total voters

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Heard Kumba Iron Ore's six month dividend was double the price of their share price back in 2016, wish I didn't sell in 2018
They were one of my first investments on Easyequities. Bought at R35. Also had to sell reluctantly in 2018 at about R285 because I needed the cash otherwise I would have held longer. I think they've always paid really good dividends.

Reactions: 3WA

saturnz

Honorary Master
This false narrative around inflation is really coming apart quickly.

The Bank of Korea now considering rate hikes and any illusions of transitory inflation have gone.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Both almost down 5%, I am going to have to start cheering for the USA in the Olympics fml

saturnz

Honorary Master
jobless claims coming out in 20 minutes, I expect it to be higher than last week's figure and higher than the forecast

this may signal a reversal in the downward trend and together with inflation impacting prices, may signal the start of the metrics picking up stagflation

saturnz

Honorary Master
jobless claims did nothing and then the employment numbers hit me hard in the commodities

L-Dog

Expert Member
Yeah possibly I know the Uk stock exchange also had a slightly higher percentage of companies delist but they have over 2000 share and we are stuck with 400 and most not really investable

Ams1979

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Metrofile buyout from last year? Considering selling Metrofile and buying some more SSW.