Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 104 47.3%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 40 18.2%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Cremated

Votes: 16 7.3%

• Total voters

airborne

Honorary Master

S&P 500 doubles from its pandemic bottom, marking the fastest bull market rally since WWII​

As they say what goes up must come down... And the higher you go the more precipitous the fall.

That rise is totally insane, typical US market movement, when it is going to start tanking?

BBSA

Honorary Master
As they say what goes up must come down... And the higher you go the more precipitous the fall.

That rise is totally insane, typical US market movement, when it is going to start tanking?
After a blow-off top.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Not looking good for stocks, where are the "buy the dip" buyers?

Last edited:

Tjoker

Expert Member
Is Kumba a good buy atm long term(dividend wise)? On the Daily 200 MA, and Weekly 50 MA

handyman007

Is Kumba a good buy atm long term(dividend wise)? On the Daily 200 MA, and Weekly 50 MA
Stochastic in midzone and still pointing downwards. I'm no expert, but I would wait a while.

Disclaimer - I'm not a financial advisor and this is simply my opinion.

surface

Honorary Master
I'm down 28% on my portfolio.
It seems I have found a person who doesn't know what he is doing more than I don't know what I am doing. :ROFL: :ROFL:

Seriously - I would just wait if you did research and invested. I was -22% few months ago and now it is recovering to about -10%. I am pretty sure it will be positive within next 5 months.

randomcat

Expert Member
It seems I have found a person who doesn't know what he is doing more than I don't know what I am doing. :ROFL: :ROFL:

Seriously - I would just wait if you did research and invested. I was -22% few months ago and now it is recovering to about -10%. I am pretty sure it will be positive within next 5 months.
Yeah I was doing well for about 8 months. I was up about 25% but everyone's a trader in a bull market.

I'm not too worried because my portfolio is about R1770. Pittance to play with.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Be careful before the Jackson Hole thing...if FED decides to taper earlier than expected, we will likely see hectic volatility in the equity markets.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Be careful before the Jackson Hole thing...if FED decides to taper earlier than expected, we will likely see hectic volatility in the equity markets.
Do they make these kind of decisions at Jackson Hole?

But yes, the market is usually volatile during the meeting.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Do they make these kind of decisions at Jackson Hole?

But yes, the market is usually volatile during the meeting.
More about unpacking the FED members commentary which is key in trying to figure out the FED's future plans regarding monetary policy.