Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 126 48.6%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 46 17.8%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Cremated

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters

saturnz

Honorary Master
I'm out of Investec after yesterday's news. Not complaining, sold at 75% profit.

nothing will come of that news, they probably have baked in the potential fine into their activities before they engaged in said activities

thats what other bankers do

netcruiser

nothing will come of that news, they probably have baked in the potential fine into their activities before they engaged in said activities

thats what other bankers do

You're probably right. But I've had a good run with them, I'd rather use the profit now and take chances on smaller companies.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Tesla !!! Wow !

Micheal burry is a relieved man, quite interesting how the high oil prices might pump the stock of Sasol and Tesla at the same time. HIgh oil prices will ultimately accelerate the adoption of electric cars so hopefully we see a lower oil price early next year

surface

Honorary Master
HIgh oil prices will ultimately accelerate the adoption of electric cars so hopefully we see a lower oil price early next year
Probably will benefit some for a very short time but generally I am expecting a price collusion where everyone hikes their price citing "reasons"

crysis

Expert Member
Bought the Msci world dip at the begining of the month, so ETFs are doing well.

ben M

What’s your feeling on Bionano Genomics (BNGO)? Do you think it has potential for huge growth? It’s currently trading at $6.

Sheppard_za

I have been dabbling a bit with shares on Easy Equities, I generally buy when there is some big news surrounding a company, Sasol and Renergen for instance, but I am wondering how and where do you do research? I typically use Moneyweb for looking at how a stock has performed in the past, but other than that I don't do any research.

Ishould_BeWorking

I have been dabbling a bit with shares on Easy Equities, I generally buy when there is some big news surrounding a company, Sasol and Renergen for instance, but I am wondering how and where do you do research? I typically use Moneyweb for looking at how a stock has performed in the past, but other than that I don't do any research.
Generally by the time it hits the news I feel its already priced in, maybe make a few bucks while the profit takers await to reap. Business model and potential guides me but factors are changing all the time !

Candystore

Expert Member
This one is a potential thousand bagger.
It will only start making money from January in the first phase.
The real money will be in 2 years time when the plant is online.
I'm contemplating switching my ADAPT IT for REN and scoring over 1 000% in a year or 2.
Patriotism aside, is it not better to invest in similar shares, but in an offshore company? I am asking purely from a financial POV.

adrcl

Hmm. Renergen seemed to have made its move already. Nothing happening on that side.

Well I get a "guaranteed" bonus in November, so I'm looking forward to putting it in Renergen, but the price must go lower, maybe R30 or R25 a share?

I totally agree with @marco - this is going to be a spicy share in the next few years! Get in while it's cheaper than a 9-roll pack of 2-ply loo-paper!

3WA

Honorary Master
Well I get a "guaranteed" bonus in November, so I'm looking forward to putting it in Renergen, but the price must go lower, maybe R30 or R25 a share?

I totally agree with @marco - this is going to be a spicy share in the next few years! Get in while it's cheaper than a 9-roll pack of 2-ply loo-paper!

Yup, also waiting for a better entry point.

marco

Expert Member
I hope there will be a correction soon but perhaps we have missed out on the 90% up already.
In a years time the present R40 will be peanuts.
This is a future Top 40.

Reactions: 3WA

marco

Expert Member
I need to make 100% pa so I'll be changing my portfolio to:
Aviva
Renergen
Pepkor
Santova