Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 126 48.8%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 46 17.8%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • Cremated

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Oooooof SA Inc taking an absolute beating! Glad I have the ANH holdings to offset some of the bloody red I am seeing all over the place

rvZA

Honorary Master
What an odd day yesterday....

Shares down, oil down, gold down, crypto down, not a single safehaven for investors. Just a bloody marketplace.

This spells bad times ahead.

saturnz

Honorary Master
although this was an opportunity to reposition my shorts, the markets will continue to go up

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Reading now the money live thread on news24....

Maybe another March 2020 in falling stocks

Its all related to the panic of the new strain

rvZA

Honorary Master
Reading now the money live thread on news24....

Maybe another March 2020 in falling stocks

Its all related to the panic of the new strain

Agreed. All market declines globally right now is related to the new strain. A March 2020 fall, even worse, is a real big possibility if any of the bigger countries start implementing stringent lockdowns again. Apparently, New York may be the first state in the US considering this.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
brace yourself, this week is going to be crazy
The sheer amount of panic the Omicron variant is causing is ridiculous. The fact that the Moderna CEO has now stated that their vaccines will most likely not be as effective against Omicron vs Delta, is ridiculous and just pouring fuel onto the conflagration!

Helmets on and strap in, it will get rough...

saturnz

Honorary Master
The sheer amount of panic the Omicron variant is causing is ridiculous. The fact that the Moderna CEO has now stated that their vaccines will most likely not be as effective against Omicron vs Delta, is ridiculous and just pouring fuel onto the conflagration!

Helmets on and strap in, it will get rough...

if you consider all the warnings banks have issued over the past three months, it seems this correction is something they wanted

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
if you consider all the warnings banks have issued over the past three months, it seems this correction is something they wanted
The equity correction should have been coming when the FED/EU started talking tapering in the 1st place and yet, nothing has happened. Almost feels like the Big Short again...just waiting for the ball to drop I guess.

saturnz

Honorary Master
The equity correction should have been coming when the FED/EU started talking tapering in the 1st place and yet, nothing has happened. Almost feels like the Big Short again...just waiting for the ball to drop I guess.

talking tapering and actually tapering are both immaterial to the issue

tapering just means they will throw less petrol on the fire, that doesn't mean the fire is going to stop

surface

Honorary Master
I see lot of posts intermittently. For example, this week is going to be explosive, next week is going to be blood bath and what not.

To the posters who do this, do you go back and see how many misses you got? Is your guess better than flipping a coin?

crysis

Expert Member
I see lot of posts intermittently. For example, this week is going to be explosive, next week is going to be blood bath and what not.

To the posters who do this, do you go back and see how many misses you got? Is your guess better than flipping a coin?
Can't agree more. Everyone thinks they are the oracle.