Stock Picks - Darlings and Dogs

How successful have you been in trading your own equities, etfs and funds ?

• Extremely successful (make a living off my takings)

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Beating passive investment returns

Votes: 126 48.8%
  • About par with normal returns from banks and money markets

Votes: 46 17.8%
  • Lost a few pennies of spare cash to play with

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Should have rather left my money in the bank

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Took a knock

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • Cremated

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters

Ishould_BeWorking

Virus, fuel price, jobs, rand losing, pick ur tree decor. I bit down and held through it, hopefully Santa helps me out a bit

Ams1979

Apart from BAT and REITS, do we have other quarterly paying dividend stocks on the JSE?

Magnum

Executive Member
"I went with AMD 2ish months ago. Not a bad call. Made back the last 3 complete AMD computers I bought.... And she is not done yet.

saturnz

Honorary Master
well this certainly was a crazy week, as predicted

1638563213606.png

Last edited:

JayM

Expert Member
Evergrande just announced they'll be defaulting. Big pain on Monday.

• Sad
Reactions: 3WA

rvZA

Executive Member
Evergrande just announced they'll be defaulting. Big pain on Monday.

If Evergrand collapse, I am sure it will bring China's economy close to collapse too. Bad days ahead for anything China or companies with ties or related to China.

rvZA

Executive Member
"I went with AMD 2ish months ago. Not a bad call. Made back the last 3 complete AMD computers I bought.... And she is not done yet.

AMD was a rocket the past month! Not sure how much higher it still will go in coming months, but I think I made quite a nice profit on it and sold out on Friday.

randomcat

Expert Member
1. Look at your budget. If the expenses are more than the income, it's time to sell something.

2. Look at your GF. If she’s let herself go, it's time to sell so that you have money to go find a prettier girl.
My income is more than expenses

Don't have a GF at the moment

Seriously though at what point do you normally sell your stock. I always see people saying it will go up more or its time to sell. What indicators are used.

3WA

Honorary Master
My income is more than expenses

Don't have a GF at the moment

Seriously though at what point do you normally sell your stock. I always see people saying it will go up more or its time to sell. What indicators are used.

I answered flippantly because it's an open question. Why did you buy it, how much risk do you want, do you need money, what do you want your portfolio to look like, can you make more money elsewhere? Only you know the answers, so only you know if you should sell.