Stop – Don’t buy that new smartphone just yet

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Stop – Don’t buy that new smartphone just yet

If you were planning on buying a new smartphone, you might want to wait until later this year.

Almost all the major smartphone manufacturers who distribute devices to South Africa, including Samsung, Apple, and Huawei, are scheduled to launch new devices over the next few months.

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
nah, they just look like more of the same.

Midrange phones have nearly identical capability at less than half the price

Russell S

This years iPhone will come without a screen. Instead there will be a USB C port and a separate screen will be available for purchase. Of course this means you won't be able to use your screen and charge your phone at the same time, but for most users this will not be a problem.

Mr Jay Patrick

yeah probably wait up untl end of September prices will go down after release of the iPhone and probably another note series smartphone

Randux

Expert Member
And here I am waiting for the Redmi Note 7 price drop or local specials. Lol

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
These new devices could include powerful new features, heavily-upgraded hardware, and even new technology such as 5G connectivity
I'm very surprised by this comment on 5G under the iPhone section. Most article I've read say that Apple will not include 5G due to dispute with Qualcomm and Intel not delivering on a 5G chipset. Even MyBB's own article on 28 July confirmed this.

Swa

Honorary Master
Nah if this is the reasoning there will always be new ones scheduled for release. I rather buy an older model and save a shtload.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
I'm very surprised by this comment on 5G under the iPhone section. Most article I've read say that Apple will not include 5G due to dispute with Qualcomm and Intel not delivering on a 5G chipset. Even MyBB's own article on 28 July confirmed this.
Apple bought Intels modem technology, so there is a good chance of Apple rolling out its own 5g modems in their phones lest they fall behind against Huawei and Samsung.