Stop what you're doing right now and take a photo

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Mauritius, went on one of those swim with the dolphins trips. Nobody got to swim with them as the sea was too rough and wild dolphins are fast, but we did have a good time snorkeling and the braai and booze on the beach was good. Would not have done it had it not been for the significant discount we got by not needing a shuttle service to get there. Was more than an hours drive away.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Quite a lively fella, had to put up quite a swim to keep up. Apparently they are not a rare sight at the public beach we were at. They claim it is harmless :confused:

There's too much yap-yap when there should be more snap-snap so stop what you're doing, grab your camera, and take a photo. :)

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR PHOTOS TO 800px WIDE
But by all means link to a bigger one elsewhere

Offenders will feel violated ;)

UPDATE:
Ok my sister got home earlier during load-shedding time and we were all just chilling inside with candles, when she told me that there was a lovely lightning display in the heavens as she drove home. I figured now is the time for me to practice my night shots for the long-weekend when I'm heading to the bergs.

This is one of the shots I have taken from my front yard soon after electricity returned. Hoping I get even better with practice. Constructive criticism most welcome. :)

20181206_lightning.jpg

The cloud cover gave it a good ambiance I feel, but I'm hoping for clear skies when I try to capture the stars in the bergs.

Earlier today we broke out our tiny little Christmas tree and set it up on the coffee table. I took it now and placed it on the kitchen counter and snapped a few pics. Lighting is not too flattering for photography in the kitchen so I put all the lights off and lit a candle nearby. Took this on a 13s shutter speed (since its a static object) to get as much light as possible. Aperture at f/5.6, and ISO100.

I took several photos at various combinations of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO but this looked the best to me. What I didn't like is the red glow on the back wall. I tried to adjust the colours in Irfan View and also in the Canon program but that also reduced the nice red glow on Buddha and the tree. If anybody has some tips for colour correction I would really appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Click for a larger image:

1st closeup - 1080 with sig.jpg