Stores that sell metal clip SATA cables

Gnome

Executive Member
I'm looking for a store that sells SATA cables with the metal clip at the front that prevents the SATA connector from slipping off. They look like this:

I've looked on Take2 and Prophecy, neither of whom sell them, any input appreciate as to where I can locate them!

Gnome

Executive Member
I have them if you still need, Pm me.
Can't seem to PM you, get the following reply from the forum:

MyBB said:
DDV TECH has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove DDV TECH from the recipient list and send the message again.
Still looking for some tho.

Lope

I've never understood how people say they 'slip off' do you drive around with your PC in the boot of your car all the time? :)

Gnome

Executive Member
I've never understood how people say they 'slip off' do you drive around with your PC in the boot of your car all the time? :)
Well they don't really slip off, I just didn't think I needed to spell it out. The standard connector is flimsy and it's far from snug fit, move the PC around just a bit and the connector moves. When you open it up it's not loose it's just not completely straight on the connector anymore. That's just from moving it in the room.

Why do you think they started making the clip on connector type?

It doesn't happen that often but when it does it causes headaches for me, I'm running a NAS with a 8TB RAID 5 setup and frankly every time a drive disconnects the array has to go through a diagnostic again before it is reported clean. It's 8TB so you can imagine it takes a while.