Strange text on Band 6, and strange graphics on Health App

SadIvyParrot

Hi All..
Below are the 3 problems I am having with the Huawei Band 6, the watch after an update started displaying this strange text if you go into WORKOUT--WIDGETS---TRY and remove an activity, this strange test appears..Believed to be Russian...

Then the Health App started displaying the 20220502_110208184.jpg Screenshot_20220426-210254_Health.jpg Screenshot_20220427-041233_Health.jpg

The last 2 images do nothing, pressing the UPGRADE takes you to the man running screen, no updates happen....HAUWEI SA has no idea what is causing this, and a number of owners have reported issues... It has been over a month, 2 Health APP updates and the problems still occur...

Thoughts?? Solutions?? Resets of phone, app, watch, proved fruitless...

Totempole

Expert Member
Well, the top image is Kazakh. Жою керек пе?

Translates to: Need to delete?

No, I don't understand Kazakh, I just used an online Russian Cyrillic keyboard and Google Translate. :ROFL:

SadIvyParrot

Yes, that is what roughly we thought it was, something from that part of the planet, Cyrillic, the issue is that it is not part of the standard code used by Huawei, something happened to the Health App, yet no one seems to care.. I keep getting the "reminder" to upgrade, the last 2 graphics, yet no update happens, pressing the "download" button does nothing.. I assume some sort of hack by a covert group... Huawei seem disinterested in solving this issue...

Thor

Honorary Master
Hi All..
Below are the 3 problems I am having with the Huawei Band 6, the watch after an update started displaying this strange text if you go into WORKOUT--WIDGETS---TRY and remove an activity, this strange test appears..Believed to be Russian...

Then the Health App started displaying the View attachment 1309122 View attachment 1309124 View attachment 1309126

The last 2 images do nothing, pressing the UPGRADE takes you to the man running screen, no updates happen....HAUWEI SA has no idea what is causing this, and a number of owners have reported issues... It has been over a month, 2 Health APP updates and the problems still occur...

Thoughts?? Solutions?? Resets of phone, app, watch, proved fruitless...

Russia hacked Huawei

Solarion

Honorary Master
Huawei itself is the target of hackers after assisting Russia in the war. Could be a Russian update affecting you?

SadIvyParrot

An update...The watch was left at Cornubia mall for a week, and there was nothing that the local guys could do, I waited a month for any news, and then after a month, started emailing the support email of Huawei South Africa...

After almost 50 emails back and forth, basically Huawei will not be doing anything, to replace or fix the problem, I offered to pay the difference between the retail of the Band 6, and the Fit, and the store manager Cornubia seemed to have no issue, but would like to clear this with Head Office...

Then today I am told my watch was bought from outside SA, I bought it from Sportman's warehouse or Cape Union Mart, Gateway, cannot recall with, but a sports store in Durban, SOUTH AFRICA..All very strange..Confirmed Cape Union Mart...

The watch is a toy really £100 or less in the UK, not like it is a R10 000 Casio or Rolex... Lesson learned..cheap brands are cheap for a reason!!.

SadIvyParrot

Yes, most definitely agree, very little, rather no updates or anything, other than "we need more video of the problem.." 1st and last purchase of Huawei, Honor...