Strange trend in new coronavirus cases

Magnum

Executive Member
I apologize...I didn't know.

So they've tested approx. 0.1% of the population? And of that 0.1% we have nearly 4% infected...this is me using extremely dangerous math, though, but I don't think I'm that far off.

I'm just hoping we don't extend past 21 days. Just had my first phone call from a SLA client asking for relief...
Do not do math! That will kill you.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

MightyQuin

Not amused...
This...only this.

They should rather publish the number of people that have been tested in this country.

That will be a true reflection of what's really going on.
They do though. Every day the graphic is updated. Around 38 000 tests have been conducted.
I apologize...I didn't know.

So they've tested approx. 0.1% of the population? And of that 0.1% we have nearly 4% infected...this is me using extremely dangerous math, though, but I don't think I'm that far off.

I'm just hoping we don't extend past 21 days. Just had my first phone call from a SLA client asking for relief...

View attachment 809777

Jase

Executive Member
Do you think they will even get tested? Might just die before going to the hospital, such is the state of hospitals in rural and township areas.
Or maybe they just get some flu symptoms and recover without bothering to get tested.

jboyx989

It really does seem like the virus prefers cool weather. All the major outbreaks occurred in a similar latitude, where it is approximately 10C (yellow) Screenshot_20200331-111355.jpg

quax

25 days of data is not much to go by, you wouldn't get anything meaningful. It could be fluke that the results were low for positive test that day for whatever reason.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
the only strange new trend is how guavamint skips updating the data on some days and have become entirely random with the time of day they do update the official figures

either they are incompetent or trying to control the narrative, neither instills confidence

pretending there's an actual drop in infection rate with this little data, this few tests and this short a timeframe is a joke

ABU

the only strange new trend is how guavamint skips updating the data on some days and have become entirely random with the time of day they do update the official figures

either they are incompetent or trying to control the narrative, neither instills confidence

pretending there's an actual drop in infection rate with this little data, this few tests and this short a timeframe is a joke

Which day/s didn't they update the data?

Thor

Honorary Master
Limited testing and the results don't come back the next day.

ajan

When do we learn from CCP and start crooking numbers to make the government look good and just?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The situation is complicated. Do some thorough reading, before rushing off to comment:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Maybe... maybe we're not finding the sick ones to test... maybe lockdown is actually working (for now). It's possible we're delaying the inevitable, particularly in poorer communities. This virus has spread internationally and affected communities with people who can travel internationally thus far... for how much longer?

Then again, who knows, maybe we just timed it right with us being at the far end of the world. It has to has it's advantages sometimes?
We should have an idea by this evening
It really does seem like the virus prefers cool weather. All the major outbreaks occurred in a similar latitude, where it is approximately 10C (yellow) View attachment 809781
How about posting the map for June/July/August for the southern hemisphere

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Which day/s didn't they update the data?
You haven't noticed?

After the fact it is hard to give you exact dates, when they do release they attribute the previously unreported infections to the correct dates anyway, so it looks, on paper, as if reporting is happening daily, it isn't.

Notably with CR's first live address he announced a new infection count (on 15 March), the NICD and dept of health's websites only reflected the figures he mentioned on the following day i.e. the sites where one is meant to follow the official figures went through more than 24 hours without displaying any update.

That's not the only time it happened, but I haven't exactly kept a journal of each incident.

It is simply not good enough to tweet here and make a statement in the press there, there is one official source of truth, THAT must be updated daily, at the same time(s) each day like clockwork. Sure as hell has not been happening.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Nothing strange or new, the trend is inline with the usual incompetence associated with gov departments /shrug