Street lights

CapeTownchic86

Stupid question but do the street lights also go off during loadshedding at night? I honestly have not been outside when there is loadshedding at night ever but I just looked out the wo
Indow facing the street and it is pitch black outside.... Thinking it's a breeding ground for thieves etc...

Does anyone have solution to give light for the front of our house at night during loadshedding... How do those mini solar lights work? I think it's from magneto?

We have the rechargeable ones from them but I was thinking of leaving one outside but then I'm not going to wake up in the middle of the night to go and switch them off outside when the power comes back

Quintrix

Streetlights go of as well. You get solar "streetlights" from some chinese stores. Those provide more light but cost a bit more. They switch on after dark and can be set to become brighter when triggered by motion. They are normally permanently mounted on the highest point of your house.

CapeTownchic86

Streetlights go of as well. You get solar "streetlights" from some chinese stores. Those provide more light but cost a bit more. They switch on after dark and can be set to become brighter when triggered by motion. They are normally permanently mounted on the highest point of your house.
Thank you

CB40

Expert Member
From ACDC..works like a dream.
I've mounted mine on a short stainless steel pole and bolted it to a wall in our garden where it gets sun most of the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-203307_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-203307_Google.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 19

Ghost64

Expert Member
Those 20w solar power LED lights are powerful. Even 10w is sufficient.
Just annoying that they the brightest thing around when load shedding happens so the insects go crazy.

CB40

Expert Member
Yes,their website is difficult to navigate.
This is the one I bought.Also search for solar street light.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-205353_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-205353_Chrome.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 22

joshuatree

Expert Member
Yes,their website is difficult to navigate.
This is the one I bought.Also search for solar street light.
Price?

Edit: Okay, I Googled. R960 excluding VAT.

It shows 15AH battery now however.

Last edited: