Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Harder lockdown restrictions for South Africa expected

President Cyril Ramaphosa is meeting with the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC) today to discuss the government’s response to the third Covid-19 wave in South Africa.

The meeting comes after South Africa recorded its highest number of new daily Covid-19 infections since the third wave started.

The National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) announced that South Africa’s daily Covid-19 infections rose to 17,493.

Gauteng was particularly hard hit, with 10,806 confirmed Covid-19 cases over the last 24 hours. This is the highest number of new daily cases ever in the province.

Many experts called for harder lockdown restrictions and a ban on alcohol sales to help hospitals in Gauteng to cope.

garp

Executive Member
So they're going to shuffle more deckchairs on the Titanic which we all know isn't going to make one jot of difference apart from causing more job losses and stress? Curfew until 9pm.. or 6pm? Whatever. No alcohol sales? Possibly no roast chicken or slip slops... Excellent. I'll be carrying on regardless of this circus, thanks.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Hope that's all. And the only province.
I'm sure they'll throw in the Eastern Cape as well because hospitals can't cope here on a good day and the premier is a d***.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
If i can't travel next Saturday i'll schit in a plastic back everyday and throw it at every taxi i pass.
I also have a weekend away planned for my BDay mid July. Luckily no Provincial borders will be crossed, but I suspect the wine farm visits are in their moer.

Neuk_

Executive Member
I also have a weekend away planned for my BDay mid July. Luckily no Provincial borders will be crossed, but I suspect the wine farm visits are in their moer.

We have postponed my 40th celebrations, a friend postponed his 50th a few weeks ago and depending on how idiotic the government gets we may have to postpone our sons 1st birthday celebrations as well as our wedding plans.

stefan9

Executive Member
I have my annual kruger holiday planned. Suppose to leave next Saturday....they ruined it last year and are out to cancel my trip again...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Did we go above "Adjusted" level 3 during the second wave?

Johnvgb

So they're going to shuffle more deckchairs on the Titanic which we all know isn't going to make one jot of difference apart from causing more job losses and stress? Curfew until 9pm.. or 6pm? Whatever. No alcohol sales? Possibly no roast chicken or slip slops... Excellent. I'll be carrying on regardless of this circus, thanks.
But like caravans, the shebeens & taverns will continue to roll along.....