Stronger rand means better smartphone deals in South Africa

Toxic T

I find it had to believe all cell companies will just reduce their prices. They will still charge us the same price and pocket the profit. Why pass the saving onto the consumer when corporate greed matters more?

Jings

Honorary Master
I find it had to believe all cell companies will just reduce their prices. They will still charge us the same price and pocket the profit. Why pass the saving onto the consumer when corporate greed matters more?
Cell companies will drop their prices when they have to compete with consumers importing at cheaper prices.

Quicks

Cell companies will drop their prices when they have to compete with consumers importing at cheaper prices.
What you saying is that everyone must start importing their stuff? so that prices can come down locally?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
So the iPhone 8 goes down to R19 999 instead of the R18 999 you paid last month.

Jings

Honorary Master
What you saying is that everyone must start importing their stuff? so that prices can come down locally?
What I'm saying is consumers benefit if they can get it imported at a cheaper price than is offered locally.