Stuck in a weird MTN ground hog day

Bear911

In desperation I turn to the greater community for advice. What recourse does a person have if you cannot fix a major billing issue? Is there someone at MTN who will eventually pick up that a customer as escalated the same issue five times?

I ‘upgraded’ to a sim only contract in March. Ever since I am being charged as if I took a handset.

I log an issue with customer care. I get an sms that it has been escalated. I get an sms that the issue is resolved. End of the month I get charged as before.

Asking the shop that did the upgrade to assist has been met with the same result. Escalated, resolved, nope. I now have a rather impressive collection of mostly unanswered emails, a nice collection of sms’s and higher blood pressure.

Any advice?

ginggs

Super Grandwizard
Super Moderator
I log an issue with customer care. I get an sms that it has been escalated. I get an sms that the issue is resolved. End of the month I get charged as before.
Go to your bank, reverse the debit orders, someone from MTN will call you soon. Have the reference numbers handy.

Bear911

Thanks for the suggestions. Roodepoort is a hell of a drive but not impossible. Reversing the debit will probably interrupt my service, which I need for business. But if it is the only option then so be it. Never thought a cell company could have worse customer care than Telkom.