Stupid Huawei P20 screen dimming???

Tech Junkie

Can someone please shed some light on why my stupid Huawei P20 lite phone's screen just go dim when I'm outside in the sun and then you can't see anything on the screen? I have googled and watched stupid Youtube videos and tried everything, and one day I'm just going to chuck this phone against a wall because of this!!

When swiping down, the brightness bar in the notification dropdown is on it's BRIGHTEST setting and Auto is NOT selected. Also the battery is sitting on like 80% so it's not like it's almost flat and going into power saver mode (I have also made sure it is not in power saver mode).

When you unlock the phone in the sun, the screen is nice and bright for about 2 seconds and then the stupid thing fades right in front of your eyes and you cannot see a damn thing on the screen. Lock and unlock it again, and it is nice and bright again for 2 seconds...
UUUURRGGHH!!!! I'm at my wits end with this stupid phone!!

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Can someone please shed some light on why my stupid Huawei P20 lite phone's screen just go dim when I'm outside in the sun and then you can't see anything on the screen? I have googled and watched stupid Youtube videos and tried everything, and one day I'm just going to chuck this phone against a wall because of this!!

When swiping down, the brightness bar in the notification dropdown is on it's BRIGHTEST setting and Auto is NOT selected. Also the battery is sitting on like 80% so it's not like it's almost flat and going into power saver mode (I have also made sure it is not in power saver mode).

When you unlock the phone in the sun, the screen is nice and bright for about 2 seconds and then the stupid thing fades right in front of your eyes and you cannot see a damn thing on the screen. Lock and unlock it again, and it is nice and bright again for 2 seconds...
UUUURRGGHH!!!! I'm at my wits end with this stupid phone!!
@JuliusSeizure

Have you tried this?

Also, Developer Options > Increase Readability Under Sunlight> Toggle Off
Sounds like this issue.

Tech Junkie

Thank you for the reply, but I have tried all the settings in that Youtube video and also there is no "Increase Readability Under Sunlight" option under Developer Options on my phone. The piece of sh** still keeps doing it, even if it's on a damn charger.