Suggestion: Classifieds

R13...

Honorary Master
Just a slight suggestion that we maybe add a mandatory requirement to the template where people must indicate if the phone they're selling (new or close to make no matter) is a contracted device (indicate balance of contract if it is) or not.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I agree with this,especially when there were some good deals on certain devices.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Just a slight suggestion that we maybe add a mandatory requirement to the template where people must indicate if the phone they're selling (new or close to make no matter) is a contracted device (indicate balance of contract if it is) or not.
Why does that make a difference?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Because if the dealer runs into financial difficulties or just decided to stop paying you're left with a fancy paperweight.
Yes. My understanding is that the blacklisting that is done if a contract is not paid for example makes the phone unusable in South Africa. As in it is disabled according to its IMEI number and there is nothing you can do to get it working again.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Because if the dealer runs into financial difficulties or just decided to stop paying you're left with a fancy paperweight.
I didn't know they actually blacklist a phone that doesn't get paid, but rather the contract holder that gets a negative tick on his credit record.