Suggestions for Web Hosting Company ?

Big_Papa

Hi there,

Are there any suggestions for a web hosting company that allows for a higher i/o usage.
It is for a Wordpress site .
I am with 1 Grid at the moment and get an i/o usage of 2mb?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hi there,

Are there any suggestions for a web hosting company that allows for a higher i/o usage.
It is for a Wordpress site .
I am with 1 Grid at the moment and get an i/o usage of 2mb?
1-Grid is the worst of the worst. Switch to literally any other web host. Although I recommend also avoiding Xneelo and Afrihost.

Absolute Hosting, Domains or Elitehost should provide a good budget hosting experience. If you're very budget-oriented I wouldn't get too focused on IO/IOPS. Serious performance in that regard will require your own control panel (like GridPane, SpinupWP, RunCloud, Cloudways etc) and a server from the likes of UpCloud, Vultr, Linode etc.

Big_Papa

1-Grid is the worst of the worst. Switch to literally any other web host. Although I recommend also avoiding Xneelo and Afrihost.

Absolute Hosting, Domains or Elitehost should provide a good budget hosting experience. If you're very budget-oriented I wouldn't get too focused on IO/IOPS. Serious performance in that regard will require your own control panel (like GridPane, SpinupWP, RunCloud, Cloudways etc) and a server from the likes of UpCloud, Vultr, Linode etc.
This is great advice thanks so much! I switched to Domains.co.za and their service has been excellent!

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
To be fair, if you want serious performance, shared is never the way to go.
Dedicated all the way, but, you gotta put your money where your mouth is for that.
VPS hosting provides a fine balance between shared and dedicated at a fraction of the cost of dedicated, and performance is amazing.