Super budget 7 seater help please

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The Mobilo is a taxi and its an Indian Honda so can't really be compared with the other Honda's
The BRV is the one to consider.
It has the same tried and tested Honda 1.5l engine and it will probably be cheaper, I did not get the impression that the person who is looking has loads of money so BRV is out of question with a R100k budget.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Mazda 5 seems a bit thirsty but otherwise nice.
Honda fr-v i'm shy of for the same reason as mobilio...rarer car and parts could be hard to find. I could be wrong. I keep getting warned off old hondas for part rarity or cost. Might not always be true.
Ertiga could work yes if i can find one.
Avanza kinda in the lead though.
Cheap and plentiful parts, small engine, hopefully reliable...in the western cape so not such a theft risk i hope.
Nissan nv200 too expensive...budget is maybe just too tight.
I have a work colleague who has the mobilio.
He does not maintain it well and yet it hasn't skipped a beat, think he's approaching 200k kms.

Mars

Honorary Master
I have a Mazda 5 2l executive. Done us well, fuel consumption not bad.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I have a work colleague who has the mobilio.
He does not maintain it well and yet it hasn't skipped a beat, think he's approaching 200k kms.
That 1.5l Honda engine is a beast that never dies, but I hope he has saved some money with all the years he has been skimping on maintenance, 200k kms is when trouble starts, a friend of mine has gearbox issues, CV joints and coils fail in close succession around that mileage, Honda parts prices are just ridiculous.

flytek

We eventually went for a Nissan Tiida as it matched the budget a lot better. Not seven seats but at least a decent sized sedan with a smallish engine.

Crayons

We eventually went for a Nissan Tiida as it matched the budget a lot better. Not seven seats but at least a decent sized sedan with a smallish engine.

Good choice, tell the older kids to stop leaching off you and get a job.