Supersonic Air Fibre Speed tests and service reviews

nmccullo

Its extremely funny (or sad) to read that technicians went out to do the installation only to realize, uhm, the main infrastructure hasn't been installed.

How does a company operate like that? Are there no internal meetings or memos shared between different departments with status updates etc.?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Its extremely funny (or sad) to read that technicians went out to do the installation only to realize, uhm, the main infrastructure hasn't been installed.

How does a company operate like that? Are there no internal meetings or memos shared between different departments with status updates etc.?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
This is exactly how Supersonic roll. Just wait until you're on their billing system and need support.

nmccullo

This is exactly how Supersonic roll. Just wait until you're on their billing system and need support.
I've unfortunately experienced their billing system. I was billed 6 months after canceling... I spent more than R150 on airtime, being kept on hold and trying to rectify their mistake.

Last edited:

EbenCBIT

I gave Supersonic a call, the service is available for people to apply for however we still have to wait for their technicians to install the dish and router at peoples houses. So yeah...I guess that makes sense
Most installers goes through MyTechie, Most of East Rands thechies haven't recieved any word from HQ with plans here, Apparently they're waiting for stock. Uncertain which stock

Kiemo

Expert Member
And here most of us waited for this air fibre and so excited to see what it was like or even see speed updates …

stepper

Expert Member
Ok now I see why I been having terrible LTE connection since the beginning of May in the Protea Glen/Lenasia area. They probably using the existing towers and switched them off to roll out this product. I may be mistaken but maybe somebody with more knowledge may enlighten me..

Dretastic06

Ok now I see why I been having terrible LTE connection since the beginning of May in the Protea Glen/Lenasia area. They probably using the existing towers and switched them off to roll out this product. I may be mistaken but maybe somebody with more knowledge may enlighten me..
same my side, signal has been terrible and then it comes and goes. hopefully they tuning the air fibre.

Jay4938

Does Anyone have any feedback for us regarding their experience with Air Fibre?
I would really love to hear
Mine was installed on 19 May and the device still says no internet connection. The support is very pathetic I have tried all means to reach both Vuma and Supersonic but nothing. I am at the last straw, I need my refund I will continue with my DSL line.

eddief1

Expert Member
Intrigued to see how well this works on the 5Ghz ISM band ... MTN are brave

JAGG3R

I am trying to get a new isp since rain is such a let down! Got a call this morning from MiA telecoms and they informed me that they have checked with MTN about their air fibre in roodeplaat and apparently MTN is switching on most air fibre towers in july. Hopefully soon we can start seeing screenshots soon.

AadilG

Just an Update

got a call this morning saying my application is now on hold. They need to do upgrades to some of the towers in my area. Turnaround time 90 days.
Just an update

got a call from supersonic this morning , apprently installations is starting next month and the lady wanted to know if i am still interested. i gave the go ahead , waiting for the tech to get hold of me

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Kiemo

Expert Member
Just an update

got a call from supersonic this morning , apprently installations is starting next month and the lady wanted to know if i am still interested. i gave the go ahead , waiting for the tech to get hold of me
I was also called … but then I declined because I’m on Rain’s 5g … now …

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu