Supersonic Air Fibre Speed tests and service reviews

Dretastic06

I was also called … but then I declined because I’m on Rain’s 5g … now …
i have rain 5G but the strict nat type is off putting and also the latency spikes. wont mind the stableness of air fibre

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

Kiemo

Expert Member
i have rain 5G but the strict nat type is off putting and also the latency spikes. wont mind the stableness of air fibre
Did they call you ? Honestly where I am the tower is 0.6km away so I don’t have much problem I don’t game so that’s a plus

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Yeah no call here, in cpt.

Throught supersonic lte now runs on mtn bussiness apn, so might not even need it. They also allow for open NAT on lte.

• Love

CapoPlays

Theres no such thing as air fibre it's the same **** they provide in Australia NBN Wireless basically fibre to a base tower either fno own tower or shared tower from MVO and attennas on your roof straight line of sight with the tower, if you got trees, **** weather good luck to your connection

AadilG

Update :

Installation supposed to be done yesterday , techs came out but couldnt find signal. Was told to connect to a tour thatss 4km from home.

Came back today to re instal , Found signal at a tower thats 1.5km away.

Basically - there is a Tarana Anttena connected on my roof facing the tower. there is cable from there going into a poe adaptor that powers it on.

i am currently not yet live. i think there was an error in the username and password (PPPoe). I will have to update that when i get home from work. According to them , i should be live.

Attached is the Zyxel Routher that comes with the installation

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 15.16.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 15.16.42.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 56

Kiemo

Expert Member
Update :

Installation supposed to be done yesterday , techs came out but couldnt find signal. Was told to connect to a tour thatss 4km from home.

Basically - there is a Tarana Anttena connected on my roof facing the tower. there is cable from there going into a poe adaptor that powers it on.

i am currently not yet live. i think there was an error in the username and password (PPPoe). I will have to update that when i get home from work. According to them , i should be live.

Seems there is more problems with this fibre than anything else … suppose to be air …

Nurple Derple

Honorary Master
Update :

Do they charge an installation fee?
Are there any penalties if you cancel?

Joseph matane

Update :

Good to hear don't forget few speed test update ❤️

AadilG

Good to hear don't forget few speed test update ❤️
Update

when i got home (just after 6pm) its was live but around 10 25pm gone red again. Tech is coming out again today to check.

some speed test. I Have applied for the 100mb one

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 18.32.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 18.32.12.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 84
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 18.31.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-11 at 18.31.45.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 84

Joseph matane

Update

when i got home (just after 6pm) its was live but around 10 25pm gone red again. Tech is coming out again today to check.

some speed test. I Have applied for the 100mb one
Based on this speed tests ping is good DL is not excellent but not bad UL is good

Yuu

Executive Member
Just some feedback

Line has been stable , no drops in connection. Speeds are good too

You are getting faster speeds? Wasn't it supposed to be rate limited to 100Mbps? If not, this is fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate that. :cool: :love: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

ultimatebas

Have they started rolling out air fibre to other parts of the country like Durban and Capetown areas