Supersonic launches fixed-LTE packages - 120GB for R399

Stevewarren

I agree that the night data shouldn't be added to the data total in the marketing material but if anything they should offer more night data in my opinion.

I can't get any internet where I live other than mobile and the night data is a life saver for big downloads. Yes I would prefer it to be anytime data but there's no way you going to get the same amount of data that way for the same price.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
That is actually not bad regardless of the night data. Works out to R6/GB without night data on the 120GB plan.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I agree that the night data shouldn't be added to the data total in the marketing material but if anything they should offer more night data in my opinion.

I can't get any internet where I live other than mobile and the night data is a life saver for big downloads. Yes I would prefer it to be anytime data but there's no way you going to get the same amount of data that way for the same price.
Exactly. Show me where I'll get better plus with better coverage.

Gazg

Vodafone UK is already offering unlimited 4G & 5G data. What is wrong with SA's mobile operators?:mad:
Er.......greed?? But we all know the spectrum violin will be played.

Swa

Honorary Master
So 60GB really. Without proper rollover it's a damp squib.

falcon786

Executive Member
@rpm @Jan

Can we please stop these click baity headlines?This is a 60GB package for R399 plus night data.

I know technically it's correct,but practically we know it's not and just encourages networks to continue trying to fool customers like this.

Swa

Honorary Master
@rpm @Jan

Can we please stop these click baity headlines?This is a 60GB package for R399 plus night data.

I know technically it's correct,but practically we know it's not and just encourages networks to continue trying to fool customers like this.
Is it really technically correct? It would also be "technically" correct if the 60GB night data was available for 1 second in the month. Really the way I see it normal all hours and night data are two completely different products so shouldn't be advertised together and I'm disgusted that mybb are the ones that keep doing so.

Goosfrabba

Until Edward Cullen sparkles me into a vampire, I have zero need for night time data

falcon786

Executive Member
Is it really technically correct? It would also be "technically" correct if the 60GB night data was available for 1 second in the month. Really the way I see it normal all hours and night data are two completely different products so shouldn't be advertised together and I'm disgusted that mybb are the ones that keep doing so.
MYBB was built on the reputation of being the consumer champion back in the day when Telkom was ripping us a new one,so yes it's extremely disappointing that we're being subjected to this type of smoke and mirrors type data counting as article headlines on their site.:confused:

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
2 issues with this. Firstly it's not 120gb, it's 60+60. Secondly it's a 24 month contract. No thanks

skusku

"These fixed-LTE SIMs are locked to a single MTN LTE tower, with allowances for home moves and holiday moves only. "

Locked to a single tower makes me not want to take it.

Mawirepower

Currently on Axxess Cell LTE 100gb for R530 (which will shutdown any time soon). The 100gb for R599 looks like a very good alternative considering R100gb extra night data.

Sisanda55

Currently on Axxess Cell LTE 100gb for R530 (which will shutdown any time soon). The 100gb for R599 looks like a very good alternative considering R100gb extra night data.
Same

Going to go this this deal, I will let my younger brother who has time to Finnish the 100Gb night data. But I want someone to post updates regarding this “Locked to one netwrok” rubbish. I’m never at home so I don’t want something that won’t work while I’m on the go.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
I would like to see an ISP come up with a "LTE" data offer..... Just before the Rugby world cup that starts on Friday.... The offer being : 120Gigs anytime data for R350 sim only deal. Guaranteed to be a winner, in fact it will be the biggest seller. Above deal to have no midnight anything attached to the deal!! Come on ISP'S.. You know you can and you know you want to. ;)

Yskasmetnstoof

There is also 150GB anytime data available.

On a separate issue - "would of taken it" - I see quite a lot of this. Is this use of "would of" a direct translation from Afrikaans/ Xhosa/Zulu?
It's probably bad spelling rather - would've.

DXL

Expert Member
Mybroadband tends to make the headline misleading. Nobody cares about night data. Who is up after midnight to stream since we stream mostly. Just say the headline as is. 60GB for 399
Agreed ! SSS - Short Sweet Simple -

DXL

Expert Member
I would like to see an ISP come up with a "LTE" data offer..... Just before the Rugby world cup that starts on Friday.... The offer being : 120Gigs anytime data for R350 sim only deal. Guaranteed to be a winner, in fact it will be the biggest seller. Above deal to have no midnight anything attached to the deal!! Come on ISP'S.. You know you can and you know you want to. ;)
This is possible since the Cost is R1-66 per Gig so @ R350 / 120 Gigs = R2-92 a Gig it is definitely possible.

The problem is that these guys don't want to compete on price and make data affordable.

They want to make maximum profit from the users.

ICASA has never really dealt with them decisively on pricing.