Supersonic launches fixed-LTE packages - 120GB for R399

Dan C

Honorary Master
Mybroadband tends to make the headline misleading. Nobody cares about night data. Who is up after midnight to stream since we stream mostly. Just say the headline as is. 60GB for 399
Nobody ??? I use my night data all the time. Really simple to schedule updates/downloads etc.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Night owl, meaningless - I sleep at night, not bugger around on the internets. So a total waste, and halves the value. Sorry MTN, I don't pirate either, so thanks but no thanks.

Dan C

Honorary Master
That is actually not bad regardless of the night data. Works out to R6/GB without night data on the 120GB plan.
It's actually a good deal regardless of the night data, a couple of years ago we paid in excess of R300 per gig for mobile data. Now when it's R6/GB people still moan :X3:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
It's actually a good deal regardless of the night data, a couple of years ago we paid in excess of R300 per gig for mobile data. Now when it's R6/GB people still moan :X3:
Imagine. Insatiable Saffers.

Friday13th

Sounds good. I don't mind scheduling downloads for after midnight and watching the stuff when I have free time.
I don't need to stream stuff - I happily watch the downloaded versions. Us people who use after hours data do exist.

I won't be taking up this offer because I am already locked in to a 2 year SIM only contract with their competitor. I signed up before fiber became available in my neighbourhood. It's worked out better for me to use LTE package as opposed to fiber because I can take my SIM with me, and no sign up costs. I mostly browse and stream music so don't need ridiculous amounts of data.

kyuubi64

A couple of years ago, Cellc was selling their 200GB Giga package for R1599 (R8 a gig) which was valid for 365 days they now sell it for R2000 for 200GB

hjst45

Quite a strange sign-up process. You enter your details, click submit, then they say they'll be in contact :unsure:

"our turnaround time to have you connected is 7-14 working days"

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
Apples and oranges. R6.67 vs R10/GB is really not that good when you take into account breakage and oob. Add to that to make use of it I'd have to increase my monthly spend trice which defeats the purpose. If I was going to do that I'd rather go for Rain uncapped and add a 5GB bundle which would still come out cheaper. Makes the night data redundant. They have lost the plot. To make these high end deals worth it the data should cost no more than R1-3/GB and come in smaller packages.

Reactions: DXL

hjst45

Apples and oranges. R6.67 vs R10/GB is really not that good when you take into account breakage and oob. Add to that to make use of it I'd have to increase my monthly spend trice which defeats the purpose. If I was going to do that I'd rather go for Rain uncapped and add a 5GB bundle which would still come out cheaper. Makes the night data redundant. They have lost the plot. To make these high end deals worth it the data should cost no more than R1-3/GB and come in smaller packages.
Rain has become overloaded like CellC, most people that have it complain that the speeds have become garbage this year. Remember, these packages are aimed at people that want to stream within the restricted hours of Rain (and no, 5GB won't be enough for that) as well as gamers who can schedule their huge updates for nighttime.

Smaller packages really aren't worth promoting since those people aren't the target market. Like others have said, where else are you gonna pay R399 for something equivalent?

Swa

Honorary Master
Rain has become overloaded like CellC, most people that have it complain that the speeds have become garbage this year. Remember, these packages are aimed at people that want to stream within the restricted hours of Rain (and no, 5GB won't be enough for that) as well as gamers who can schedule their huge updates for nighttime.

Smaller packages really aren't worth promoting since those people aren't the target market. Like others have said, where else are you gonna pay R399 for something equivalent?
Like I said you're not paying R6.67/GB but more after breakage and oob. Currently I'm paying R10/GB which seems to be what these deals are going after. I'll say it again, if I was going to pay more I'll go for Rain uncapped and add a small bundle for cheaper. If I can make do with 16.67GB/month I can make do with 5GB between 6-11PM. Even adding it to my 16.67GB/month is still a better deal than MTN. Speeds are just fine for most with the average being half of that of MTN. I'll take that over the few complaining.

hjst45

Like I said you're not paying R6.67/GB but more after breakage and oob. Currently I'm paying R10/GB which seems to be what these deals are going after. I'll say it again, if I was going to pay more I'll go for Rain uncapped and add a small bundle for cheaper. If I can make do with 16.67GB/month I can make do with 5GB between 6-11PM. Even adding it to my 16.67GB/month is still a better deal than MTN. Speeds are just fine for most with the average being half of that of MTN. I'll take that over the few complaining.
Each to their own :thumbsup:

Reactions: Swa

Dan C

Honorary Master
Well I have the Vodacom 110 gig deal for R299 and trust me I use all of it, both anytime and after hours data. If I run short at the end of the month, mo'nice sorts me out.

Reactions: DXL

Swa

Honorary Master
Well I have the Vodacom 110 gig deal for R299 and trust me I use all of it, both anytime and after hours data. If I run short at the end of the month, mo'nice sorts me out.
Well that's exactly my point. You make a point to use it all even if you waste it. So how much do you use simply because it's there and not because you really need to? Then there's the mo'nice you're forced to use because you needed to use all your data and you don't have any rollover.

I've been there and done that with Vodacom. Always ended up wasting most of my bundle because I didn't have a need for it or having to buy more. Why I'll never go back to monthly bundles that aren't super cheap or expire. With Cell C I know I pay R10/GB. Not R5/GB one month and R15/GB the other.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Well that's exactly my point. You make a point to use it all even if you waste it. So how much do you use simply because it's there and not because you really need to? Then there's the mo'nice you're forced to use because you needed to use all your data and you don't have any rollover.

I've been there and done that with Vodacom. Always ended up wasting most of my bundle because I didn't have a need for it or having to buy more. Why I'll never go back to monthly bundles that aren't super cheap or expire. With Cell C I know I pay R10/GB. Not R5/GB one month and R15/GB the other.
Not quite, I don't use or waste it because I fear it will expire. It rolls over in any case. My new setup works out cheaper than my ADSL did and so much faster.

Swa

Honorary Master
Not quite, I don't use or waste it because I fear it will expire. It rolls over in any case. My new setup works out cheaper than my ADSL did and so much faster.
Rolls over for how long? A month won't cut it for me as some months I barely use any data and then go on a download streak others. Data should be non-expiring for me rather than roll over.

featherspeed

I got the sim yesterday still cant get them to get it working just tells me profile not valid

Then they tell me to please restart the modem or please switch it off for 10 minutes the switch on again