Supersonic reveals its Air Fibre rollout plans and coverage areas

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Supersonic reveals its Air Fibre rollout plans and coverage areas

Supersonic will roll out its Unlimited Air Fibre service in most of South Africa’s major cities – including Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, and Durban - from May 2021.

This is word from Supersonic CEO Calvin Collett who was speaking at the 2021 MyBroadband Conference.

The ISP first announced its new Unlimited Air Fibre wireless broadband product in February 2021.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Great! My area is ready, it will never get fibre but it has new MTN tower that can be used for this.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

paul5186

Expert Member
Something just does not make sense with this kit's technical capabilities.
5Ghz is 5Ghz - trees and nlos is a big issue.

500 subscribers per sector....
5Ghz radio noise etc....

The_MAC

Executive Member
Something just does not make sense with this kit's technical capabilities.
5Ghz is 5Ghz - trees and nlos is a big issue.

500 subscribers per sector....
5Ghz radio noise etc....

It is possible, if you implement beam-forming, MIMO, base-station and customer equipment synchronisation.. It's similar principles to 5G

paul5186

Expert Member
It is possible, if you implement beam-forming, MIMO, base-station and customer equipment synchronisation.. It's similar principles to 5G

Except 5G is not 5Ghz. Just wonder what they have done that the likes of other manufacturers have not been able to such as Cambium, Mikrotik, Ubiquiti etc.... They all generally have GPS sync, beam forming and others.

zolly

Expert Member
Oh well, you'll just have to get over it. This crying about the name is stupid AF.

The name is important as it comes with certain expectations. I mean, imagine if I tried to sell you my "two wheel car" and pitch up with a motorbike.