Supersonic Unlimited Air Fibre

dotcat

@rpm Seems to be a new wireless product from MTN. What about an article on it?

Seems to be something like https://www.horizonwireless.com.au/our-products

Introduction
The Promoter is driving a campaign to gage interest for Tarana a potential product which is a new Product that we will be launching early next year. It is a connectivity product like Fibre and F-LTE except it uses Microwave technology (the “Product”).
The Promoter is targeting anyone interested in home connectivity, the campaign will run in specific targeted areas. The launch date is yet to be defined.
The campaign will be available from the 15 December 2020 until the 31 January 2021 (“the Campaign Period”).

Information Collection
The promotional offer will be available from 23 November 2020 until 18 December 2020.
The Promoter is gathering contact information (Name, Surname, ID number, Physical address, email address and Contact number) from interested parties in order to market the potential Product to said parties once the Product is launched.
The interested parties would need to fill in an online form with the contact information stated in clause 2 above within the Campaign Period.
The Promoter will make use of the consumers contact and location information for the promotion of Unlimited Air Fibre only.
The Promoter is not bound by the show of interest by interested parties in any capacity and will not be held liable if the Product is not launched in the interested parties’ area.
The Promoter is not bound by the indicative pricing used in the campaign. This pricing is subject to change prior to the commercial launch of Unlimited Air Fibre.

ErRoR_nAiK

Looks like a really cool product.

Where did you find this? I can't find any other reference to it online.

Chaoticelf

So no guarantee that you can even get the product in your area let alone if the product will be launched?

AadilG

so airfibre is Available in my area from 1st May.

anyone tried and tested it ?

Jake45

Expert Member
There already appears to be a fair bit of coverage in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg if I am interpreting the grey areas on the map correctly - Rivonia, Paulshof, Sunninghill, Waterval City, Lonehill, Magaliessig, Kyalami, Carswald, Edenburg, Barbecue Downs, Midrand etc.

Silverton and Mamelodi also appear to be covered in Pretoria.

It would be great to get some feedback regarding the service if anybody decides to sign up.

Last edited:

netstrider

Expert Member
Not supersonic, but this is the MTN network from my phone's hotspot during the wee hours.

MTN has a great network in my experience and I've been with them for a decade if not more.

1620433777481.png