SuperSport channels free for all DStv customers next weekend

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

SuperSport channels free for all DStv customers next weekend

MultiChoice has announced an open weekend for SuperSport content through the DStv app.

Customers subscribed to the DStv Compact Plus, Compact, Family, and Access packages will be able to view all SuperSport channels through the DStv app (formerly known as DStv Now) on Saturday 13 March and Sunday 14 March.

“If you’re a DStv customer on any package, all you need to do is download the DStv App on your smart device and you will be able to see every SuperSport channel on Saturday 13 March and Sunday 14 March,” MultiChoice said.

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
Below is a selection of the sport available on DStv’s SuperSport open weekend:

• PSL
  • LaLiga
  • Premier League
  • Serie A
  • Super League T20
  • US PGA Tour
  • Six Nations
  • WWE SmackDown
  • UFC Fight Night
  • ATP World Tour

Nee Dankie

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yay! let me dig my decoder out of the landfill for this weekend....

I'm sure its not tooooo far down under everyone elses crap.

sdikgetsi

We read that when the Titanic was sinking there were officers who still believed that it was not sinking. Dstv is losing Premium customers and like the Titanic they still believe they can save this expensive behemoth. DSTV as fibre is being expanded in the country, so do you loose customers becuase there are better options out there.

mpdjhb

It can only be "free for all customers" if you refund the amount paid by Premium subscribers.
In other words, Premium Subscribers have already paid for ALL content - and they can only get it "Free" if you rebate them.

BBSA

Honorary Master

Don't wast your time, it is only free on their app.

wbot

Expert Member
"Free"

Jaaaaaaa right. Premium subscribers are still paying for it

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

Only on the App
So instead of enjoying it on your big 65" telly you may now have it for free on your 6" Smartphone
LOL

Vorastra

Executive Member
We read that when the Titanic was sinking there were officers who still believed that it was not sinking. Dstv is losing Premium customers and like the Titanic they still believe they can save this expensive behemoth. DSTV as fibre is being expanded in the country, so do you loose customers becuase there are better options out there.
MultiChoice reported growth across the board in FY19 and FY20. If we follow the sinking ship analogy, the ship is currently magically airborne and increasing altitude.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Their core focus hasn't been premium users for a long, long time. Go look at most townships, informal settlements and such, tell me how many have fibre/ADSL/LTE and how many have dishes?

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Desperate Dans

They are hoping that they can get some of their previous supersports junkies to relapse

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
My smart tvs are dumb dooses. all i can get on them is the Aljezera channels. They're on kitkat 4.4.2 or something like that. Nothing runs on them anymore.
I honestly dont know when last i switched on a tv, it was last year sometime

Anyways, makes no difference, my point is **** DSTV !!!!!