SuperSport secures major FIFA and UEFA soccer rights

Ninja'd

A Djinn
The rights are for television, Internet, and mobile platforms, and include the following tournaments:

Now you won't be able to watch highlights on Youtube like they did with the Olympics that time in 08/12?

jdido87

Expert Member
Bloody sad when you cant watch your national teams play. DSTV dont even show Bafana games.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Anticompetetive Commission should take on exclussive rights for broadcasting sport events.

R13...

Honorary Master
Who else would show these matches? It appears, they don't have broadcast rights for the FIFA 2018 European qualifiers, yet none of the FTAs seem to have picked them up either. These rights are just too expensive and getting more so annually.

sajunky

Honorary Master
How is it anticompetitive if nobody else is broadcasting the stuff
It costs more to acquire exclusive rights. So why do you think they are willing to pay more? One valid reason, please and your point stands.

The Voice

Honorary Master
SuperSport already shows more EPL matches than ALL networks in England combined (and I speak subject to correction, but I think more than anyone else worldwide), and it's unlikely anyone here will show as many qualifying matches unless the team is British. You lucky sods...

crackersa

Honorary Master
SuperSport already shows more EPL matches than ALL networks in England combined (and I speak subject to correction, but I think more than anyone else worldwide), and it's unlikely anyone here will show as many qualifying matches unless the team is British. You lucky sods...
ESPN may be right up there.