SuperSport to waive radio broadcast rights fees for SABC

Skerminkel

Expert Member
I put it to you that neither SA Rugby, nor Supersport had a choice. Rugby viewer/listenership is shrinking and one of the reasons are that it is inaccessible to most people. Supersport fees are too high and people simply cannot or don't want to spend that much money to access rugby. It filters through to ticket sales at matches as well and will eventually choke the sport to death.

R13...

Honorary Master
Why did they even hold the right? Do they intend on starting radio broadcasts in future? Or more like they intended on selling them to private stations instead of the SABC but no one else's interested

lexis

Rugby viewer/listenership is shrinking and one of the reasons are that it is inaccessible to most people.

DSTV killed sport. Last Multichoice stats (about 2 years ago) indicated the number of premium subscribers to be about 13% of the total. Out of the eye, out of the heart.

3WA

Honorary Master
DSTV killed sport. Last Multichoice stats (about 2 years ago) indicated the number of premium subscribers to be about 13% of the total. Out of the eye, out of the heart.

True. I stopped following most sports for a long while since I couldn't afford satellite. Started watching again via Ace player when I got uncapped internet.

In the past as a group we never missed a single rugby match. To be very honest we never watched a single game last year as it is just too exspensive and now believe rugby is only for the wealthy. DSTV has hijacked rugby in South Africa and killed its passion. The empty stadiums echo this not me. DSTV are as good as the mafia. Total control total corruption. Found new interest to fill the void.